Author Topic: Letter from my son  (Read 4848 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Letter from my son
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »
Thought I would share a letter I found on my computer the other day from my son. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Lone500

Re: Letter from my son
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:53 pm »
so??? whats the answer? he gettin the toy or not?  ;D
Leon      Saluda, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:51:12 pm »
Now how can you turn down Diego Rivera. Oh! I'm thinking about the South American artist.  ;)
  Honestly, that letter shows a great deal of maturity on Diego's part. Only you know if it is enough.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:51:47 pm »
Yah meany! Whats the answer? Keep beating on him until you get that gun Diego, he will give in! Kill 'em with kindness buddy!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 04:52:36 pm »
And it better be an 1187 and not some cheapy dad! I worked at my buddys bait shop for two years on the weekends to pay for my first 1187 duck killer, still got it!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:41:08 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:59:50 pm »
I agree with Pat B., how could you refuse that?  You must be doing a heck of a job raising that boy into a young man!!  If only more fathers were like you!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 05:50:13 pm »
     Yep, a Rem. 1100 auto in 20 gauge would be a fine gun for ol Dead Eye, Diego.  Now what kind of chores are there to do in Texas?  Shovel Road Apples, :P remove mobile speed bumps from the roadway(Armadillos) ;), help skin snakes, with his very own snake knife, wash and wax the truck, so it will shine through the dust and will look better on it, set up a road side lemonade stand, so the two cars a day that pass on the road, can get refreshments, catch scorpions, and tarantulas to sell to pet stores, and tourist.  (the two cars a day that pass on the road)  gather up knapple rock to send to me,( ;) ) explain to terrified tourists that those dust devils are not real tornadoes, and offer them some lemonade, (see two cars a day)  hit the power ball, clean the windows, oops that"s Women's work.  Well I don't know of anything else to do in Texas, except to sniff for oil deposits, and pan for gold, or
throw nails out on the road, and offer to fix the flat tires, of the two cars that go by, and ask if they would like a glass of lemonade while they wait...... ::)  Well, I guess you would know of something Dead Eye, can do to earn the shotgun, other than stand out by the roadside in his Cowboy outfit, for photo ops by the tourists.  (the two cars again)
Well I hope you manage to accommodate him.  Oh yeah, get an extra choke in full.  I have a Rem. 1100 auto in 20 gauge, and the full is needed, if he is going to hunt ducks, and doves, etc.  Do you have a trap thrower?  I have the synthetic stock.  Wally World usually has pretty good prices on them. 
                                    Wayne
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:30:03 pm by stickbender »

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 05:58:51 pm »
First real gun I ever got was an 1100 20 ga. in the lightweight model.  One of the best shooting guns I've ever touched, too.  It's still my first choice when it comes to shooting at doves or skeet.  I can shoot that one all day long and not be the least bit sore.

Oh yeah, get him the dang gun, Cip.  ;) :D
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 06:46:17 pm »
How can you say no to that!!!

Offline lowell

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 07:01:23 pm »
That's the best thing I have read for a long time.  If it is only about the money....put me down for a $10.00 donation to his new gun!!!

Sounds like something I would have written when I was his age ....only his is more clever!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 07:08:30 pm »
OMG how can you say no to that sweet letter

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:36:37 pm »
I like how he originally wrote that he would pay for half, then erased it to read "all", and then mentions the extra chores he'll do to make up for your half  ;D  Good stuff!

Offline seabass

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:15 pm »
that boy needs a gun Cipriano.i thought you are born with one in Texas!send me a pm and i'll throw in a few bucks to help him along.my dad bought my first when he found out mom was going to have a boy.a stevens 311 side by side in .410.i still got her and she is a good one.he's gone now,but every time i pick up that gun it brings back good memories of him.let me know if i can help,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 09:16:21 pm »
Yep! He needs that gun, and is smart enough not to ask for a .410. They're too expensive for kids to shoot now. Too bad you guys live with all that dirt, he could earn enough here mowing lawns in a summer to pay for it in Florida. Grass needs cutting twice a week during rainey season.

Mr. Cipriano. You have you a good responsible and smart son
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 09:35:52 pm »
     Things are tight here, but with a letter like that, you can put me down for ten dollars at least, it you need it.  Get the Gun!  And the extra choke.  And a nice case!  ;) 8)  You have a great Kid there, heck if you get the gun I will throw in another knife, .....for you! ;) 8)

Wayne