Author Topic: Greetings Ya'll  (Read 5788 times)

Offline Spitch

Re: Greetings Ya'll
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »
Thank you coaster500. Hope that you have been having the same unseasonably warm weather we have  8)

After having about eight bowls of borscht I am not certain that it would be good with chilies... Isn't that just fancy chili (the stew) anyway?
Use what you have

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 11:02:42 am »
Hey Spitch !  Welcome to P.A.  Spent my early years in Bakersfield. (Born in Tulare) Got alot of family down in the valley still. Good to have you here. Enjoy  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Spitch

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 01:00:26 am »
Thank you Frank. I am a bit further south than that, lol. But I do have some family in Tehatchapi... It is much more than a prison/train town now.

I have been enjoying this site and the people on it. It is great!
Use what you have

Offline k-hat

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 10:41:13 pm »
A californican who says "y'all", well you must be an alright guy ;)   

Welcome aboard, may the addiction grow strong in you >:D

Offline Spitch

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 06:40:59 pm »
Lol, k-hat! One of my adopted moms is from Kentucky, and my family has strong ties in the south... I will say some funny things for a Yankee, lol

Already, had the addition for a long time... Just doing something constructve with it :D
Use what you have

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 02:54:52 am »

Welcome Spitch.  It's a "BIG" family!  We agree, and disagree, and sometimes bicker, but we are a big family, with a whole lot of knowledge to be gleaned by all who enter, and all who are already in. ;)  JW, and Coastal, do you have a recipe for your Borscht, and dark bread?  I just recently got a refurbished Kitchen Aide 600 stand mixer, and I've been going nuts with it. :o ;D ;D  Beets are definitely one of the many veggies, that will be in my Garden in Montana!  I love pickled beets especially! ;)  I am going to make some dark bread, and some rye bread, love the Caraway seeds.  I have some just waiting to be opened.  I wonder if they are cooked, or sterilized, as I would like to try growing them.  Friend of mine used to raise Apps years ago, and had a big sack of rye seeds, used to get a handfull of them, and eat them.  Wouldn't do that today, as they are probably treated with a full chemistry set, like some of the packaged products approved, by the FDA, or should I say Monsanto, since all the top echelon are former Monsanto employees.  The stuff they are allowed to put in the food now, is scary!  You would be safer eating a Chinese toy, than some of the approved food products.  Going to make a lot of use of my garden!
Again Spitch welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing any projects you have in the works, and enjoy the madness with the rest of us.
                                                          Wayne