Author Topic: sassafras tree help?  (Read 11785 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: sassafras tree help?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »
Yup!!  That's the stuff Pat!  Smells good though...makes a much better cup of Tea to enjoy while reading that Archery Classic  ;)
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 08:29:28 pm »
I don't know why but the sassafras is really starting to become an obsession trying to find some and see what all I can do with it. The wife even says I'm becoming obsessed about it LOL.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »
Back in the old days when everyone cooked on wood fired stoves they would use Sass in the warmer weather because it doesn't leave any coals.  Cook breakfast and the kitchen had time to cool down between meals rather than having a bunch of hot @$$ coals in there all day.  Just another tidbit about Sass.  Also, if you can find them all hollowed out w/ woodpecker holes in them you can cut sections and board the top and bottom and make nesting boxes for woodpeckers, owl and ducks out of them.  Also...Sass is one of the woods that those guys who make the wood spirit face carvings use to carve into.  There's a couple more tidbits for ya.  ;D

have a gooder, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)