Author Topic: Dropping  (Read 1542 times)

Offline DLH

Dropping
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:12:01 pm »
Ever drop something you have been working on for an hour and it breaks? Happened today followed by some choice words and walking away thinkin about what to start on now I jump from point to point so I don't get too frustrated on one or the other anyone else do the same?

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: Dropping
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:47:35 pm »
The choice words part sounds familiar. I work alot of obsidian and If I don't drop it working it,I drop it showing it or someone else drops it. Lots more rock where that came from eventually replaces the frustration.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 04:02:26 pm »
Could be the reason most knappers end up in padded rooms? ::)
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51:56 pm »
The choice words part sounds familiar. I work alot of obsidian and If I don't drop it working it,I drop it showing it or someone else drops it. Lots more rock where that came from eventually replaces the frustration.  '  Frank

yup, I'm always getting on folks that are looking/picking up my best points(from others, not ones I made :().  Just told my neighbor lastnight, don't look @ me when your twirlling that point! Look @ the point!"  ;D True story, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:43:29 pm »
Back when I was starting to make good points. I made one at work & a co-worker wanted to see it. When I handed it to him he dropped it & it broke into. I was toren between hurting him or crying. He apologized & all I could say was "don't worry about it. It's just a rock.". What he didn't know was that broken point had been the best I had made.

I know how you feel! 
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline DLH

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 12:27:22 pm »
I mean it was just a beer bottle bottom not a killer piece of rock but I thought I was making some progress learning and it might make a decent point then I go and drop it. But I have found being in college there are plenty more beer bottles near by so I'm in no shortage of them haha.

Offline Baldmoose

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:31 pm »
The only problem i have with using bottle bottoms is the huge amount of glass your left with after!
Baldmoose
"The Pain is Worth The Glory"

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 11:00:13 pm »
I've broken several like that.  Obsidian is about the worst for it.  I've found the deeper I let the flint chips pile up on my tarp, the fewer points break when I drop them...and I always do it seems.  Must be made worse by age. 

George
St Paul, TX