Author Topic: Urac questions  (Read 1458 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Urac questions
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:13:14 pm »
For all you Urac gurus:
Can you store left over Urac in an old elmer's glue bottle and keep in the the frig?

What is the method, devices you use to weigh the resin and the powder?  My method kind of sucks.  haha
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Urac questions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:14:44 am »
Once mixed you can not save it. It will eventually set up.   I always measured by volume and not weight and I never had a glue failure.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:38:28 am »
Thanks Pat.  Mixing by volume would be a heck of lot easier than the way I'm doing it now.  I use a digital food scales in the gram mode to weigh the resin.  Then convert to grains so I can use my reloading scales to measure the hardener in grains.  A real pain.

I'll have to check my instructions on mixing by volume.  Is it still 100/13?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 02:48:32 am »
Its pretty simple. I use a stainless steel tablespoon and measure out the dry first then add the wet and mix with the spoon. Pretty simple.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 03:03:58 am »
One table spoon of dry to how many table spoons of liquid?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 03:09:32 am »
Read the can!  ;)

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 03:40:19 am »
Oh man, you made me get out of my chair.  haha  Actually, the first batch of Urac I got came with a 10 instruction sheet that I let expire before I used it. I remembered the 100 to 13 by weight mixture, but I didn't remember the volume ratio.  The second batch of Urac didn't come with the instruction booklet.  I didn't think to look on the can.

So, I'm not lazy just stupid.  haha

Thanks.  I'll see you in about 4 weeks.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw