Author Topic: Finished my first bow, watcha think?  (Read 7480 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Finished my first bow, watcha think?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 11:01:50 am »
Wow, rarely do I reply to a post on the bows page, but you're inspirational with that sweet bow.  I have yet to make a shootable bow, but seein bows like your's make me want to keep tryin!!
so what's stoping ya, go get a good hickory board and get one built,jump in the deep end with the rest of us >:D, Bub

;D I've still got the plans you sent me.  I was hoping to work on a bow @ the classic and hoping to shoot it there too.  Don't know if that'll happen or not, but I'm hoping.  Until then I don't plan on starting one.   ;) dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Parnell

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 12:43:30 pm »
First bow, a stave, birch, the design you chose, all in all, very impressive!  Congratulations!
1’—>1’

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 10:59:47 am »
Thanks everyone for the warm and positive reception. I am new to bowmaking and new to this forum and it was a pleasant surprise.   :) :D ;D

From what you all wrote, I make up this:

The bow is probably alright like this as my first bow. I will proceed to the next one. In fact I have already made a second, yet small bow for my 4 year old son, since he insisted on shooting along with me.

From what some of you said, I figured I might take on an different design soon. I was not aware the one I chose might be more difficult than any other.

But on the other hand, I want to try and make a lighter bow of the same design, see how far I can go. When my wife first saw the bow, she said: "Nice and pretty, but why did you make it so big and bulky? One needs a stand to shoot it!" I don't, but it is true I was always afraid of cutting away too much.
First I'll make a new tillering tree.

So again, thanks everyone, I hope I'll be back soon.
Don't shoot!