Author Topic: HHB  (Read 4899 times)

Offline JEB

Re: HHB
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:05 am »
You may want to check on the weight limit for shipping in flat rate boxes.  I have shipped up to 40# in a large flat rate for the flat rate price.  All the clerk at the post office said was that I got my monies worth.

Wish we lived closer I have two very large obsidian rocks (larger than a basketball) I would have traded for a chunk of that ironwood.   A buddy of mine has made several bows out of ironwood and they are not only nice looking but their  draw is very smooth.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 11:44:21 am »
I know from checking out the USPS site that there is a limit on weight, limit of 20# for medium or large box and after that the price of shipping goes up a lot.  I would want at least 15# of rock per stave but it also depends what kind of Obsidian it is.

75# in the flat rate box, the large ships for about $15 but is only like 13x13x10 inch or something.

Check out shipping to Canada
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »
I just packed 19.23# in a large Flat Rate box. It'll be heading north Thursday or Friday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 04:17:47 pm »
Thanks Eddie.  I have a stave picked out for you and I'll wrap it up.

I am still working on a couple other trades for some of this HHB.  Fortunately I have a good supply of it

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »
Here's some pictures of a bow I just finished, it's a birthday present for an older gentleman, that's made from the same tree.  The bow is 63" N to N with 1 1/2" wide limbs and pulls just under 50# @ 28"

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline gudspelr

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 03:04:13 am »
Great looking bow, Marc-can't wait to try making my first self bow.  Every time I read something about HHB bows, I just get a little more excited.

Jeremy