Author Topic: Long bow Leather grip material needed  (Read 1876 times)

kurogane_84

Long bow Leather grip material needed
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:32:18 am »
Hey all im looking for a replacement piece of leather for my bow, i cannot find any leather around my area, and im looking for either some Black leather or some of the same, a Dark chocolate brown, the measurements are 6 inches long by 6 inches wide, i have found some saw blades that i can make some knife blanks out of, if you have any let me know please

Offline TRACY

Re: Long bow Leather grip material needed
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:53:06 am »
Let me check and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I've got black(thin) and think I have the dark brown, but need to see. Got other colors as well- pink, purple, lime green, red, etc. Etc

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:11:24 am »
Old chairs,couches, coats, hand bags, purses, boots, wallets, ball gloves and such all conatin good leather. If worse comes to worse give them a try.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SlowPaw

• Utah Mountain Man
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 12:31:09 pm »
I have some nice Buffalo in black, About 8oz.
Or antique Buffalo in a whiskey color (I can stain darker) in 4-5oz. I actually used this on my new bow and it turned out great. If you send me a email I can reply with a picture. SlowPaw@UtahMountainMan.com
I would be happy to share or trade for blade.

SlowPaw

kurogane_84

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »
ok email sent, and send me a sketch of the blade profile youd like, i can only do the blanks right now, im not set up to do the full blade, dont have the tools LOL