Author Topic: Copper Wire  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Bevan R.

Copper Wire
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:21:51 pm »
I have some cold rolled copper power line wire. It just fits through an 11/64" hole (so a little less than 3'16"). I have cut into 10" pieces. 6 pieces for a trade.
The only thing I really NEED is some pine pitch (processed or raw) to mount knapped points with. I can also use more knappables.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Copper Wire
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:21:21 am »
I'll take some, Bevan.  I've got some pitch I've melted down, cleaned and rolled into small pellets and I've got a little bit of raw pitch.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:00:47 am »
Hey Bevan, bring a piece down when you come in July.  You can have anything you want in the shop in trade...within reason. >:D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:15:19 am »
Tell you what, Bevan, save that stuff for the knappers out there.  I just wanted it for pins, and I can use the soft hardware store stuff for that.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:19:29 pm »
Hey Bevan, bring a piece down when you come in July.  You can have anything you want in the shop in trade...within reason. >:D

George

Within reason?  Any piece of that wire is worth his whole shed of worthless corkscrewed fencepost rejects!   >:D

But I hear his wife makes good biscuits and gravy! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:01:32 am »
I keep my bow wood outside I'll have you know.  That way I get the maximum weather induced bends.  If you'd come down for last weekend's festivities you could  have had biscuits and gravy down outside, the biscuits in a dutch oven and the sausage gravy over a camp stove.  Not quite up to my wife's standards, but edible.

George
St Paul, TX