Author Topic: First 2pc and first time with billits... finished pics and vid  (Read 2769 times)

Offline coaster500

I started this bow a while ago and frankly messed it up...  no need for how but I removed to much wood from what is now the lower limb near the fade. I've been working on another bow and needed a break fro it so I decided good or bad to finish this one. I feel like I salvaged a pretty fair shooter in spite of it's obvious lower limb hinge. It's just shy of 65"s and 40@27...  It's a 2pc and it's my first bow using billits...  anyway here it is

Just got the dog fixed so his new name is bagel boy or maybe doughnut hole :)

Shooter videos

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: First 2pc and first time with billits... finished pics and vid
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:23:21 am »
Atta boy ,looks good ...thought at first the poor dog had whiplash from a severe car wreck and was looking for a settlement from the insurance co. >:D poor thing turnd out to be worse  :'(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 03:44:22 am »
I will not get myself in trouble...
I will not get myself in trouble...

:)

Doughnut Hole!

Nice Save!
Really like the Tips and Grip!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 06:40:46 am »
look's like you got a shooter there coaster, nice save, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:56:25 am »
Nice takedown Coaster! All that fluid motion in the vids.....Looks like you've done that before!! ;D
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:03:12 am »
Thanks soy, bubby almost lost it...  it was another teacher for sure

Ahhh go ahead Gus...  when you own a 4# (pre-op 5#s) dog you've heard them all :)

It's pretty easy to be fluid lesken with a 40#er :)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:06:26 am by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline doggonemess

• That's My Web Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 11:14:35 am »
Great work! How do you get it to be so secure with a take-down? Every time I try to make a 2-piece section of wood, it's always loose. For that reason, I've never tried it with a bow.

Regarding your dog, I thought he had one of those therapeutic neck pillows in his mouth. I was impressed by his jaw capacity.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:21:46 am »
very nice one! Great save.  I wish I could watch the vids but I am at work and they aren't loading for some reason.  I will watch when I get home.   Beautiful work on that one!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 11:33:54 am »
Nice bow! I gotta make me a few take downs real soon as well.......they will fit my elk pack much nicer that way....
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »
doggonemess the two piece came pretty easy but it distracted me from the limb and that's what cause a 50# bow to be a 40# bow :)

Thanks Josh it's going to go to a nephew I think..

Drums I'll be watching to see what you come up with...  I'm hoping the next 2pc will hit my weight :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 03:20:58 pm »
Snip an inch off each end buddy, ya got plenty o' length.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline okie64

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 03:29:06 pm »
Great lookin bow Kip! Looks like a sweet shooter. Nothin wrong with a 40 pounder, theyre a lot of fun to shoot.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 04:07:21 pm »
Drums I'm a little bit afraid to cut it down and stress that weak spot on the bottom limb??? I think I'll pass this one on as a 40#er and try for another at 50 ...  I've shot the sn@@t out of it...  it's sure fun shootin a light weight :)

Jamey 40#s is sure easy on the shoulder :)

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 12:13:05 am »
  Gotta love it when you think you just spent a lot of time and effort to end up with a piece of fire wood and go back to it and end up with a nice shoot'n bow!  I think that bow is really cool.  Good job!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline coaster500

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 07:12:32 pm »
  Gotta love it when you think you just spent a lot of time and effort to end up with a piece of fire wood and go back to it and end up with a nice shoot'n bow!  I think that bow is really cool.  Good job!

Thank you, yea I had given up and put it away. I'm glad it made a shooter :)