Author Topic: I Need A Bow  (Read 5628 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: I Need A Bow
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 01:22:25 am »
Well.. I have decided on an osage linen backed eastern woodland like a great shooter I got from sa.. But it won't have linen for backing. It will have kangaroo rawhide backing compliments of Gus. It will be 60 inches NTN , 1.25 wide and taper the tips 10 inches from the end to Half an inch with Cherokee style tips. Snake skin over the roo...  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline SlowPaw

• Utah Mountain Man
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 01:53:19 am »
I do a lot of braiding with kangaroo lace. It is one tough leather. Nice...

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 01:54:50 am »
Sounds good.  You know I'll be watching.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 09:48:37 pm »
I use kangaroo exclusively for the hawks/falcons/owls here at the Black Hills Raptor Center.  Even the thinnest stuff is so tuff that the great horned owl doesn't chew thru them.  Best of all it is the softest and most supple leather available.  It wears very comfortably on their ankles. 

Good thing the 'roo rawhide is so strong, otherwise you might feel "jumpy" when you shoot the bow.   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 07:08:17 am »
I use kangaroo exclusively for the hawks/falcons/owls here at the Black Hills Raptor Center.  Even the thinnest stuff is so tuff that the great horned owl doesn't chew thru them.  Best of all it is the softest and most supple leather available.  It wears very comfortably on their ankles. 

Good thing the 'roo rawhide is so strong, otherwise you might feel "jumpy" when you shoot the bow.   >:D

Jumpy u say ;D  :P
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...