Author Topic: Cinco de Mayo  (Read 2042 times)

Offline thomas h

Cinco de Mayo
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:25:32 pm »
have a great holiday------------ ;D

Offline stickbender

Re: Cinco de Mayo
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:08:55 am »
     Actually, it is a little known fact that the Titanic, went down on May 5th, and it was carrying a huge load of Mayonnaise headed for Mexico.  Oh, yeah, the Mexicans just loved Mayonnaise, :) and they were all lined up at the docks waiting for the arrival of their shipment. :)  Well when they heard that the huge shipment of their favorite condiment was lost at sea, they were severely depressed, :( and work slowed down everywhere, so the government decided to up the production of tequilla, and reduce the price of it and Margaritas, and the people were very happy again, ;D and work and production picked up so well,that they made May 5th a national holiday, called.....  ...... El Sinko de Mayo...... :P :P.    Sorry......  Must be my blood sugar. ::)

Wayne
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:44:06 pm by stickbender »

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 08:32:15 am »
I always wonderd what this "holiday" was about,, Now I know!!!   ;D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Cherokee B.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 04:50:15 pm »
Im a patriot and sure stand up for America (if their doin sumpthin good), but why do we celebrate a mexican holiday? Im sure the mexicans dont give hoot en hollar about our 4th of July. Just stating my thoughts, so if this should not be posted up here please notify me
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... Colossians 3:23
Don't tread on me!

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »
I celebrated racin at TALLEDEGA!!!!!!!  I agree with Cherokee B  ;)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 11:19:07 am »
If you asked 10 people whooping it up at their favorite watering hole on May 5th what event they were celebrating, it would be unlikely that any of them could give you a correct answer. The event was the Mexican defeat of the French army at the battle of Puebla in 1862 for those of you who don't know.

Cinco de Mayo is right up there with all the other made up events that the sheeple of America fall in line to celebrate.

Important in Mexico perhaps, but irrelevant in the USA.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:36:19 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 02:35:32 pm »
Beating the french?  WOW! That must have taken all day!!  >:D >:D  (sorry i had to}

Offline Traxx

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 04:02:07 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cherokee B.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:10 pm »
Happy Cinco de quatro!!! :o Ha Ha Ha Ha         (pun intended) :laugh:
 like the mayo joke ;)
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... Colossians 3:23
Don't tread on me!

Offline Nifty

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:58:04 pm »
Im a patriot and sure stand up for America (if their doin sumpthin good), but why do we celebrate a mexican holiday? Im sure the mexicans dont give hoot en hollar about our 4th of July. Just stating my thoughts, so if this should not be posted up here please notify me

I don't really consider it celebrating a Mexican holiday, I just consider it drinking.

Same reason we celebrate an Irish Holiday on St Patricks day...........It's an good reason to drink :)

My thoughts exactly, someone else just made up an excuse to drink margaritas, saved me the effort >:D

-Daniel B

"You can take the boy outta the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 01:06:10 am »

I don't really consider it celebrating a Mexican holiday, I just consider it drinking.

Same reason we celebrate an Irish Holiday on St Patricks day...........It's an good reason to drink :)

Ill drink to that!! ;D

My thoughts exactly, someone else just made up an excuse to drink margaritas, saved me the effort >:D
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei