Author Topic: where to get a yew stave  (Read 1636 times)

Offline tronman

where to get a yew stave
« on: August 05, 2012, 01:02:56 pm »
Hello,

I am wondering if any body knows where to buy a quality seasoned yew staves? Any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance,

Eric

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: where to get a yew stave
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:17:59 pm »
search for raptor archery and also don adams archery.  Both sell seasoned yew staves and billets of high quality, however, I seem to remember that both of them ask a pretty high price for their yew. Occasionally you see some on ebay.  I just cut some yew this weekend with a couple of PA friends, but it will be a year before it is ready to make a bow.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:29:48 pm »
Would you pay shipping as well? I may be able to get you some yew. It's located in Europe, and since I don't know where you are located, I'm not sure if it'll work.

Another possibility is Medicinebowwoods. I can't give you the direct link, but Google it.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline tronman

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:23:20 pm »
Darksoul- thanks for the offer! I would pay shipping. I live in the US and I reside in Bloomington Minnesota. As far as the feasibility of this transaction... I am unsure also-but let me know what you think.
CMB thanks for the info I will check it out.

Eric