Author Topic: Help! Recurve bow process?  (Read 7299 times)

Offline SirTony

Help! Recurve bow process?
« on: June 29, 2012, 01:38:15 am »
Hello everyone, I'm new to both bow building and PrimitiveArcher so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some Recurve bow plans? (I'm a total newbie but I wouldn't like anything simple) 

The bow I want to make is for a 15 year old 66'' tall (It's more of a Youth Recurve Bow)

What I'm trying to learning is:

-How to make a recurve bow jig (Any type of recurve)

-Selecting wood combinations

-How to cut the wood

-How to glue the wood together

-(Plans, blueprints, etc) of how to make the recurve bow (Limbs, grip, nocks, etc)

-Other ways of heating the bow other than using a heat box

-How to make an arrow shelf

- Pretty much EVERYTHING in a detailed way because I cant be more newbier haha...

If you can, please take photos so I you can guide me thru the process

I know I'm asking a lot but I know there will be some kind gentlemen that will help this poor guy make a bow for his son 

Thank you all in advance

Tony :)

Offline Gordon

Re: Help! Recurve bow process?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:14:34 pm »
There are several build-along threads on this page that relate to building recurve bows. Just pick one.
Gordon

Offline SirTony

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:29:50 pm »
There are several build-along threads on this page that relate to building recurve bows. Just pick one.

Thank you for answering Gordon :)

I have visited more than 100 websites with Build Alongs, How To's and plans on how to make the Recurve Bow, including some on this website, tradgang, poor folk bows and many others.

None really explains each step for a total noob to understand them, although I do get the idea.

If you could only link me or show me one or several videos of a detailed plan, video, Build Along or anything on how to make the jig and all of the other things listed above, I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks, Tony

Offline Gordon

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 06:48:25 pm »
Gordon