Author Topic: 1st 3-d. . . the wall o shame.  (Read 5263 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: 1st 3-d. . . the wall o shame.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »
Not for me, I normally find the misses. The ones I lose are the arrows that skip off the back of the animal.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 03:21:18 am »
See with our arrows they camoflauge pretty darn well.  Second I didn't fancy being down range of a taget crawling around or tromping around looking for an arrow while people want to shoot.  So I figured if I couldn't see it sticking out of a tree or somethign I kissed it goodbye.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 10:24:47 am »
Ah, you'll get over that.  Hang your bow over the front of the animal or leave a spotter there while you're looking.  Even so, if I can't find an arrow in a couple minutes I move on as I don't want to hold everybody up.  I have friends who've painted their 3D arrows bright orange or gone with very bright fletching.  I once left an arrow in a tree that was stuck in there too tight to get out.  I went back with a hatchet after the shoot was over and everybody there must've wiggled on that thing trying to get it out...until it shattered. :'(

At the larger shoots they like to put targets at the edge of bluffs or rivers so you will certainly lose the arrow if you miss.  Adds to the stress level. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 03:48:18 am »
Howdy,  I think setting up the course is almost as much fun as shooting it.   My home range doesn't have a lot of rom for long shots, but we can set up shots uphill and downhill and through trees/ bushes etc.   The course was too easy if someone doesn't complain about the set-up.  Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline iowabow

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 06:09:20 am »
Now you have a score to beat. Compete against yourself.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!