Author Topic: what is your choice?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline thomas h

what is your choice?
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:52:24 pm »
"Seven men huddled around a camp fire on a cold and snowy night. Each one held a wooden log, and each one stared at the dying fire. A wealthy man held on to his log, for he did not want to put it on the fire, to warm the poor man, across from him. The poor man also clutched his log tight, for he did not want to warm the rich man. The preacher held his log tight, for the man across from him was not of his church. The priest kept his log of wood, for why should he allow it to warm one of a different faith? The black man sat and watched the campfire begin to smolder, yet he would not allow his log to warm the white man who sat opposite him. The white man would not throw his log on the fire to warm the man across from him, whose skin was so black.

The seventh man is you, my friend, as you sit and watch the other six men...that are slowly freezing to death. Not so much from the cold night, but from the cold within their own hearts. The campfire has almost gone out. What is your decision? Will you get the fire going, or will you let it go out?"

~ Willie Whitefeather Cherokee American

Offline Jimbob

Re: what is your choice?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:54:34 pm »
Wow, thats good.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 02:31:21 pm »
i would whittle a bow out of my log and then use the scraps for fuel for the fire and then shoot us a deer so we could have supper and a fire
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:36:06 pm »
Those guys need a life.  I would take my log and go find another group... preferably one with women too. ;D

Edit:
Oh yeah...and when they are dead I would come back and collect their logs.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline cracker

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:17 pm »
I thought about this for a while and decided that I would throw my log on the fire and go gather some more wood and see if I could get everyone to warm up in a sense. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:45 pm »
i would whittle a bow out of my log and then use the scraps for fuel for the fire and then shoot us a deer so we could have supper and a fire

Duck got it right.  And as they all sat there smelling the good meat roasting, I'd tell a few bad Ole and Lena jokes to warm up the crowd.  And then I'd give 'em a lecture as they were sitting with their mouths full and couldn't talk back.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »
Ron, if you do that they will beat you over the head with their logs for making them look bad.  Come over to my group...  we're all knapping stone axes and we'll give you one.  Seriously.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas

How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 03:09:49 pm »
Obviously none of them are subscribers to P.A. or regulars on this forum!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 03:19:25 pm »
JW, feeding them won't change them.  Besides, their bellies are full... of bitterness.

In all seriousness, this story is a good one.  My answer would be to leave them.  Better to die looking for a better group than to sit with them and waste another minute.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 09:15:57 pm »
I think I would bash their heads in with my log and then use them for bait for the other predators.  I would used the dryest log to make a bow with to kill the other predators with.

Offline johnston

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 03:24:27 am »
Why would you want to be in a group?

Lane

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 03:31:18 am »
For the same reason you would want to be in a forum?  I dunno, tell us, I give up. :)

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas

Offline Scowler

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:53 am »
I'd leave that group and go join jackcrafty's group (I heard they got women!) ;)

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 10:41:20 am »
You don't have to have a camp with individuals and their own logs to encounter this same situation!  What you have described is the typical everyday life!  We call ourselves the "have nots" and all our millionaire and billionaire neighbors are the " have a lots".  Going to town places us right in the middle of the same type of situation you described.  There are lots of good folks out there, but I don't know a single one that does not have prejudices.  I guess that's why I like to go to the Classic because most there seem to accept me as is!  And yet those fellows are just as prejudiced as any when it comes to "FG"! A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 02:02:44 pm »
 ;)

Note:  That's not really me in the picture...but if you close one eye and throw dirt in the other it's easier to pretend. ::)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:27:13 pm by jackcrafty »

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas