Author Topic: Good, Bad and Ugly  (Read 2776 times)

Offline seider

Re: Good, Bad and Ugly
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 09:28:59 pm »
I feel you on the ac issues I came home on wednesday to find it was 92 in the house. The fan was running but the compressor was not.  Started looking around and found the Thermostat wire from the unit inside to the compressor had been chewed on.  Dang cows.  Pulled a new wire and was up and running in less than a hour.  I ran this one in a water tight conduit so that wont happen again.  We just got back from fishing and are fixing to load up the guns for the hogs wish us luck.  Oh buy the way my 4 year old caught 6 to my 0 catfish.. Little stinker..
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »
O wow, our place only got up to 85.  We have 2 A/C units in the attic and one was still working.  Cattle are frustrating creatures.  I've had so many deer hunts ruined by cattle and a couple feeders too.  I haven't gotten the bill from my friend yet.  He said he's coming back tonight to work, but I'm getting all my hunting stuff ready so when he calls to cancel and I can still go hunting.

Kids always outfish adults.  Might as well get used to us.  Wait till he starts hunting, you'll find you're shooting a lot less and probably cleaning a lot more game.  Good luck tonight.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline seider

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 11:36:15 pm »
Yea it is alright dont bother me none.  He enjoys it he even likes to knapp I have a pic of him i am going to post in a bit.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline bubby

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 03:41:23 am »
that last point you posted came out nice george, nice centerline and flake scars, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 09:13:58 am »
Thanks Bub.  That middle of the point is too thick down that centerline, but it looks good on that side.  Actually, I took some in-process pics for Leslie.  I didn't realize it, but I turned the point around after the picture of the spall, wish I hadn't done that.  And, I'll put a picture of the other side of this last point, not as good looking as the side I showed before...there was a big step island near the base and I knocked it off with a flute.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline chertle

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 12:39:41 pm »
Thanks George!!!!  You know I love to see the progress ;) I think I learn a lot when ya'll show me more!!  Of course I would learn a lot more if I was in the pit with you guys >:D My husband is excellent I just feel bad cause since I started knapping he doesn't seem to get as much accomplished because of all of my questions!  Finished point is excellent!!  Hopefully in a year I can do that well too......time will tell, and as everyone says tonnage helps as well >:D
Leslie
Indiana