Author Topic: Osage 57# 65" Sheep horn nocks  (Read 8314 times)

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
Re: Osage 57# 65" Sheep horn nocks
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 03:38:11 pm »
Like others have said,those tips are pretty cool!Nice work!Hammertime

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 04:55:05 pm »
Thanks Pappy, Josh, and Hammertime.  I just took this bow to the Pope & Young bow shoot in Brownsville, Or this weekend.  I had a great time with it, though it was tough to reach the clout with my 10 grn/# hunting arrows, and tall four fletch. I was pretty happy to outshoot my old man and his glass recurve on the 3D course though!  ;D  Also got to fondle a 1937 Chet Stevenson osage static recurve  8) I will post pics of that in another post.  ;)
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »
I can't believe I missed this one! That is one sexy arce bow!
Mmmm she's a dirty girl ha!
Very nice work man! I love it!
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Weylin

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 07:55:19 pm »
How did I miss this!? I've seen and handled this bow in person and it's as cool as it looks. I may well model my first osage bow after this. Nice work, buddy.  8)

Offline oscar3b

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 09:07:51 pm »
All I have to say is wow!  I'll say it though it's been said so much; those tips are awesome!  My wife and your wife should get together by the way.  Mine's ready to throw half my bows out.  Thinks I spend to much time with them or something...  ;D
Ben

Berea, Kentucky
27" draw
30-70# (though I want to build to 125 one day)

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 11:04:04 pm »
Nice work!  I really like the tips.  Love the handle.  Nice tiller.  Nice BOW!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 11:53:07 pm »
Wow Carson that came out great! Love those tips!

Offline RyanY

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 12:14:56 am »
The bow itself is awesome decorations aside. Those sheep horn nocks are really beautiful but what impresses me is not so much the material but the way you blended them into the wood slightly by putting the ridges in the wood on the sides of the overlay. Just awesome attention to detail. You are a true craftsman. Good job!

Offline snag

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 12:24:44 am »
Got to see this beauty in action at the Pope & Young this past weekend and it is a real shooter! Love the finish and of course the overall design. Great job! The elk should be very worried!
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 12:38:56 pm »
Thanks Bryce, she definitely is a bit naughty  ;). Thanks Weylin, I am looking forward to seeing your first osage bow, you are going to love that yella stuff. Oscar, thanks, and it sounds like our wives would get along famously.  My wife didn't think it was funny when one night, were getting ready to lay down, only to find this bow already tucked in in the middle of the bed ;D. Thanks arrowind, Keenan, and Ryoon for the very nice words.  Thanks snag, it was fun shooting and jawing with you at the shoot, have you posted that beautiful osage bow of yours yet? I have never seen a ring chased as cleanly as on that bow of yours Dave.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso