Author Topic: just got home  (Read 1521 times)

Offline hammerstone

just got home
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:43:48 pm »
just got home from camping with my family.did some tree rat hunting and let the kids shoot some .22s. got home and watched some of the closing ceremony of the olympics.i know we arent supposed to talk politics on here but, all i can say is GOD BLESS AMERICA .who are those people who stole our dialect.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: just got home
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:55:03 am »
London and Great Brittain, you did it right!  8)    IMO, the 2012 London Olympics were a total success. I loved every minute of it!  8)

ps, Boris is a hoot!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hammerstone

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 01:41:03 am »
i think so too pat. i just dont understand all the theatrics at the end.having had friends from the u.k. i just feel sorry for them sometimes.they have decimated all of any semblance of nature as i know it and all they are left with is this.whatever that was.[ the closing ceremony]most people in great?britian are so removed from nature that they accept that crap that has nothing to do with sports.maybe im just getting old. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:40:57 am »
The Olympic games are a world wide endeavor, not just British. And, in an island country as small and as old as Great Brittan most of "nature" was over run many thousands of years ago...but the Brittish folks have done themselves proud with these Olympics. Y'all "did it right!"  ;)  Just the metals they earned is testament to that. We, that live in the vastness of America seem to forget how long the world went on before Columbus came to this New World. Europe and Great Britain were out of most of "nature" before we ever existed.
 Both the opening and closing ceremonies were about Great Britain from past to present with their culture, music and folk heritage, the industrial revolution, the World Wars and the recoveries from them. An introduction to the world of Great Britain from then to now. I loved it all!  8) To me the sport aspects of these Olympics were outstanding. So many world records and Olympic records were broken, so many women won metals(2/3rd of the metals won by the US were women!!!), I love the guy from South Africa that competed with prosthetic legs, and the Kenyan man in the rowing competition(he learned to row 3 months ago in a row boat), the first woman from Saudi Arabis to compete(and other countries), runners helping an injured competitor off the track, just the all around camaraderie of the folks that competed gives me hope for mankind.
  Sorry you were so disappointed.
 On to Rio!  8)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:38:20 am by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hammerstone

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 11:47:07 am »
pat, i wasnt disappointed with the games.  i was tired and sat down to see what my wife was watching on tv and there was annie lenox in ship.i asked what is this and she said the olympics.i said what does this have to do with the olympics.she said shut up.i should have just shut up.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:52:47 pm »
that was the closing cerimonies.  ;)

Offline Dane

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »
i am with Pat...just a fantastic games, from start to finish. The Danny Boyl opening show was totally unexpected and great. I watched many hours of archery live through the NBC website streaming video, as I get up super early and was able to catch most of the competion. Amazing archers, and the skills shown were inspirational. The Korean who won the gold for the men's individual is legally blind. Amazing. He scored an average of 50% of all shoots in the 10. And the woman who won shotgun gold for the US was amazing, too. Wish I could have been there in person. 

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts