Author Topic: best group to date... shows what practice can do...  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Ifrit617

best group to date... shows what practice can do...
« on: August 10, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »
I started really focusing on my form and consistency last summer. Up until then I was an awful shot and had a terrible case of target panic. I could barely put six shots on a 4 x 4 straw bale target from 20 yards without missing completely once or twice. Last June I was determined to get better, and started to shoot at least 6 times a week for at least half an hour each session, in order to break my terrible shooting habits and become more accurate. Here is my best group to date shot at 25 yards. I am starting to get groups like this fairly consistently under 30 yards with both my self bows and modern recurve.  Just goes to show what determination and practice can do... If any of you out there are trying to get more accurate just stay with it and over time, your accuracy will improve. My progress from four foot groups to 2.5" groups was terribly slow, and sometimes I went backwards but, I got here after thousands of shots, and have no plan to slow down.  ;D ;D >:D

Jon

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: best group to date... shows what practice can do...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
All around your area deer are crying and hugging each other, wondering who it is that is that's not coming back home!   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:32:27 pm »
Practice, practice, practice is what makes a good shooter. Practice form, practice concentration and practice control...and it all begins with good form.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:50:19 pm »
Nice group!  Looks like all that practice is paying off!  I'd bet it was fun too.

Stringman

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 10:50:10 am »
I noticed recently that I was having trouble consistently releasing at full draw. So to counter that I have been starting my shooting sessions 4' in front of the target with my eyes closed. i shoot several dozen very deliberate shots then step off to 15 or 20 yrds and shoot naturally. I'm trying to change bad habits and reinforce good ones.

By the looks of your target, focused practice breeds results! Keep tuning it in!

Scott

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 01:22:43 pm »
Good shooting,very nice group,yep the deer a shaking now. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:33 am »
Good shootin.That proves the saying quitters never win and winners never quit.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline cracker

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 01:18:20 pm »
One of the big shot golfers once made a hole in one and his partner told him man that was a lucky shot to which he replied the more I parctice the luckier I get. Good shooting. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?