Author Topic: I am the Stave Master!!  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Weylin

I am the Stave Master!!
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:49:55 pm »
Well, I have one, anyway... I just bought a Stavemaster from Keenan and let me tell ya, this thing is awesome! I've used one before at our last bowyer's gathering in Sisters, OR and I fell in love with it. I've been making bows on my kitchen counter in my little apartment for the last couple years and was having endless frustration. (Not to mention my wife's...  O:)) This thing is going to make things sooo much easier and more comfortable. I can stick it outside on my little patio and get to work. It breaks down in a few seconds and I can store it away easily, I can stick it in my compact car and take it wherever. it's great!
Whew, I just felt like I did an infomercial.  ;D
Anyway, I highly recommend picking one of these bad boys up, and doing business with Keenan is about as easy and pleasant as it gets.

Here are some pics with my son Ronan working on my osage molly (I dont have the seat attached yet)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:55:25 pm by Weylin »

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: I am the Stave Master!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:25:03 pm »
someday... if it's more than 5  bucks it's out of my price range lol
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:48:30 pm »
i've had one for awhile now and loving every minute of it.i still need the tool caddy and tillering tree.mostly need the tool caddy.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline coaster500

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:04:52 pm »
Weylin I thought you were taller???    :laugh:

I love mine ... Keenan put alot of thought into it and really made a sweet unit!!!

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »
I just moved (mostly) 4 days ago and am now living in a very small ranch house with none of the fringe benefits that I enjoyed at the house I built for us...BUT I do have the Stave Master and am looking forward to seeing how well it functions for me in my new arrangement.  Just need to attach the bass fishing style pedestal seat I bought for mine.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 08:09:24 pm »
I replaced the seat in my Ocean boat and used the old one on mine...  pretty comfortable :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 08:29:14 pm »
Looks really nice but does it have a cup holder? Never seen that unit before but will be checking into it, if it's portable it would be just the thing I'm looking for. I'm kind of new here so is this the Keenan who makes those incredible bows and how can I find one of these?
Thanks for posting this. Greg

P.S. Weylin check the little cowboy I think he has his boots on the wrong feet.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
It definitely has an option for a tool caddy/cup holder. It's the same Keenan who makes the stavemaster and the incredible bows. I'm 99% sure Keenan is a sponsor on PA so I could post a link but I'll stay on the safe side and just say google stavemaster and you will find his site. Pick one up, you wont be sorry.

As for the cowboy boots, you can tell him yourself and good luck convincing him to switch them.  ::)

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 08:50:45 pm »
Thanks Weylin, I'll find it.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »
Wow that was fast. Glad it made it there OK Weylin. The pics of your son are priceless.  Lulyn is still chuckling about you making bows in the kitchen. However I reminded her, that she has helped me shred sinew on the kitchen table.  ::)

Kip, Thank you my friend.

Badly Bent,  We have an ad in the advertisement section or just click on the link below.

Offline Lemos

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 12:24:20 am »
Coolest thing out there. Im glad to see you got one Weylin. I liked it so much I left the gathering with Keenan's demo model.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »
Very handy for sure,I don't use mine a lot ,but it gets used a lot. ??? :o Cool picture of the boy. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 04:08:02 pm »
Just got mine yesterday.  Haven't done much with wood in a while as work has kept me busy.  This gives me an excuse to pull out that osage I've been wanting to get started on.   ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA