Author Topic: So I found a yew tree.....  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
Re: So I found a yew tree.....
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 02:57:24 am »
Hazelnut/filbert/witch hazel/whatever you want to call it it's all the same. Bush with acorn like nuts

-B
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 04:18:34 am »
Makin' bows teaches patience (eventually). The Yew tree won't run away.
I've contacted a forrester on an estate down south about 'harvesting' a Yew limb back in April, he said I could have it for £60 :o but he wanted his guys to cut it. (Groan).
I managed to describe exactly where the tree was and sent pics, he's located it but it hasn't been cut yet >:(.
I was down there last week and went and had a look... me and Mrs Cat could have cut it in 15 mins ! (She's my safety officer ::) )
Probably some tosh about health and safety, insurance...
Calm calm... must be patient...
Problem is, if I now go and 'borrow' it O:) he'll know it was me.
Although if it hasn't happened by next April...maybe who knows what could happen one dark and stormy night :laugh: ?
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 12:33:02 pm »
That reminds me of my neighbors Yew tree. They went on vacation and when they came back a limb was missing! Now of course I noticed the limb was gone bc I'm very observant. But did they?......no.
And I know bc there not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Maybe the limb got tired of listening to a pack of Great Danes barking at 3 am. Its really anyone's guess really >:D

-B
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:12 pm »
That reminds me of my neighbors Yew tree. They went on vacation and when they came back a limb was missing! Now of course I noticed the limb was gone bc I'm very observant. But did they?......no.
And I know bc there not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Maybe the limb got tired of listening to a pack of Great Danes barking at 3 am. Its really anyone's guess really >:D

-B

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso