Author Topic: Is it possible to dye fletching already on arrows?  (Read 1760 times)

Offline sig863

Is it possible to dye fletching already on arrows?
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:34:37 pm »
I was recently gifted with a dozen Traditional Only carbon arrows by a family member who knew me & my bow well enough to have them cut to the right draw length and with the right weight tips. They're my first set of arrows with carbon shafts and they're fantastic. I love shooting with them.

However, the target range I frequent is in a public park that has no backstop behind the target, only a length of field. The issue I'm having is that any misses means hunting through that field for the lost arrow. The fletching on my new favorite arrows are yellow, which blends into the patchy grass stippled with small yellow wildflowers, and thinking about next year when the dandylions start coming in... not good. The cock feather is traditional barred, which isn't much help.

I really don't have the funds to re-fletch them and don't want to run the risk of losing an arrow. So is there any way to change the color of the fletching on these almost perfect arrows?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:46:05 pm by sig863 »

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Is it possible to dye fletching already on arrows?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:56:25 am »
  First off don't miss.
 Those yellow flowers will soon be gone.
  Yes you can brush the DYE on as long as you go darker.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline agd68

Re: Is it possible to dye fletching already on arrows?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:44:30 am »
You could try putting a tracer behind of the fletches. Use a strip of white rabbit fur or whispy feather. Should be a tuitorial here some where or try paleoplanet.net. Natives used them on their arrows sometimes.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh