Author Topic: My first gun stock war club  (Read 10929 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
My first gun stock war club
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:55:35 pm »
Hey fellas sorry to have been away for so long, between work and my 1 year old daughter running around everywhere getting into everything I haven't had much time to do anything else.   :)

I had a little free time this past weekend and I had been researching gunstock war clubs so I decided to try my hand at crafting one.  It is hickory and the spike is made from an old edger blade.  I carved the hole where the spike fits to almost halfway through, coated the base of the spike in 2 ton epoxy, and then drove the spike into the club with a mallet.  So between the two ton epoxy and the spike being driven into the wood >2"  I dont think I have to worry about it coming out anytime soon!  ;D  After I put the spike in and before finish sanding/staining I did a "Beat Up My Workshop Garbage Can" test on it and needless to say I am in awe over the complete devastation this weapon is capable of... I definitely wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it anyhow.   It is decorated with antiqued brass upholstery tacks too.  Hope yall like it.  Thanks for looking!   :) :)

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ifrit617

Re: My first gun stock war club
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:02:24 pm »
wicked looking club.. I have a spike that will be perfect for one of those. great job

Jon

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:46:01 pm »
nice Josh, i've got one in the planning stage, just means i gotta go trace my in-law's flinter, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:04 pm »
That's pretty cool Josh!  Would probably take a zombie head clean off!  >:D

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 12:28:03 am »
Looks good!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Deo

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »
awsome gunstock weapon. Its in my future plans to make one as well.

Offline Josh

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 02:52:51 pm »
thanks guys... Cameroo if I was ever to run across a zombie and i had this on hand I wouldn't even hesitate to use it.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline swamp yeti

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:40 am »
I believe you could clear the living room with that,killer job.

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:16:52 am »
I have absolutely no use for one of those but some how I find myself compelled to start work on one. It's just too cool. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Josh

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:53 am »
Thanks Swamp and Cracker!   :)

Offline swamp monkey

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 07:23:41 pm »
Josh,  I like that stain you used for the hickory.  It made the grain "pop".  Mind sharing what you used?   

Nice work.  Practice up with that thing.  In about fourteen years you may be needing that for your daughter's suitors!   ;)

Offline Josh

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 01:42:58 pm »
Josh,  I like that stain you used for the hickory.  It made the grain "pop".  Mind sharing what you used?   

Nice work.  Practice up with that thing.  In about fourteen years you may be needing that for your daughter's suitors!   ;)

thanks swamp!  The stain is just Oak Minwax stain rubbed in and then wiped dry after 15 minutes of soaking... Nothin special..

I believe if I were a young suitor and the girl that I am courting's father came to the door with this war club I would probably leave and never come back....  Right after I peed and pooped myself on his porch LOL.   ;D

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 07:08:09 pm »
Looks awesome!! been wanting to do one myself, just hadn't found the time yet...