Author Topic: Warbow Shooting off 400foot cliff...New HHB Warbow  (Read 17818 times)

Offline Agincourtwarbow

• CWBS Chairman
    • The Canadian Warbow Society
Re: Warbow Shooting off 400foot cliff...New HHB Warbow
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 02:00:11 am »
meant to reply earlier, but ive been a little busy with moving int college, but i have to say, this was a great video, and my 2 cents on the whole rolling loose argument, as far as saying that because of the very slight drop in weight when holding it back a second longer that it shouldn't shoot as far because of the physics involved, it may seem that way on the surface, but think of it this way, if that shooting style is more comfortable to use, your release will be much smoother, meaning less wobble of the arrow and less kinetic energy being taken out by friction trying to steady the arrow in flight which explains why it works just as well, also from ymown personal experience, using a rolling loose helps manage heavier weight bows, for instance i could stand still and pull a 70-80lb warbow straight and release without any problems, but try doing that with a 140-150lb warbow and getting a good release..... its not easy so i guess you could say that using a rolling loose for a majority of people might even provide the possibility of a longer shot because of the cleaner release and better flight............... although i do admit, if you were referring to normal weight bows( well normal for most people ::)) the factor of needing a different stance to successfully and cleanly release and arrow because of heavy weight, wouldn't  contribute, so in reference to a majority of bows, mikekeswick is right, but not completely right on the factors with a warbow,which can only be really understood after shooting one allot, by the way, i don't always know how things come across to people, so let me just say that i don't mean for this to seem like i was going after mikekeswick saying he doesn't know what he was saying, because what he said was valid, he was just in my opinion missing a small but integral part of it
-this is coming from someone who does know physics very well and also has shot heavy bows( also has shot alongside jake ;D)
noel

Hey there Noel Thank you my friend! Well put.
No worries mate, clearly I am late to reply as well! Was great shooting last year man, hopefully again soon. Some CWBS shoots are coming up, one day soon it would be nice to have a North-American competition eh?! heh!
Hope collage is going your way man, all the best,
-Jake