Author Topic: Looking for recommendations on lonbow nocks to purchase  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Matt Heppe

• Eternal Knight
Looking for recommendations on lonbow nocks to purchase
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:17:33 pm »
My next bow is going to be an ash ELB. I want to purchase horn nocks to put on it. What are your favorite nocks you've purchased? I'd like to get them pre-drilled and ready to be put on. I'd also prefer that they have two slots so that a stringer can be used.

Thanks for your advice.
Eternal Knight: where I write about writing, do book reviews, and display my novice bows.

Offline toomanyknots

Re: Looking for recommendations on lonbow nocks to purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 03:34:16 pm »
I have got mine from rudders bows. They have always been great. Sometimes they might have a little finish scratch, or be a little off to one side, but for the most part they are always dependable and I have used them on bows up to 110# @ 32" with no problems. It can take up to 2 weeks to get them after you order sometimes though. I have heard that 3rivers makes theirs too small. I haven't tried 3rivers though, so I don't know. Here's some pics of some of the nocks I have ordered and used from rudder bows:

"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Matt Heppe

• Eternal Knight
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:33:30 pm »
Unfortunately Rudders is currently revamping their business and not selling anything. Bah.
Eternal Knight: where I write about writing, do book reviews, and display my novice bows.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 05:14:19 pm »
Making your own isn't too hard. If your search on my Bowyers Diary you'll find some good tips.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 07:49:20 pm »
I got some really great ones off ebay from a guy in Hungry. Csaba Grozer. Excellent quality. Google him... he also has a website.