Author Topic: leather for trade  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Dvshunter

leather for trade
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:12:32 pm »
I have. Some larger scraps of upholstery leather for trade. I'm open to trades of whatever. I can always use shafts, man made or primitive, feathers, staves >:D, strings, a farriers rasp, rawhide, back sinew, or knapping tools. I'll snap a few pics tonight.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Re: leather for trade
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:26:27 pm »
I make jute and sisal bowstrings for light bows- mostly recurves of Bamboo.
If you want to trade, I can make you a string for anything from 20-35 pounds.. if you are willing to wait a while and run a risk of breakage, a 40-50 too.
I just do not feel safe making fiber strings from jute with high weight bows.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:07:21 am »
What are you looking for as far as knapping tools?  Abo or modern?
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:42:11 am »
Dave I need some dark brown, got any? I have plenty of goods we can swap out.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 04:06:37 pm »
I could use some to and have practically everything you want. Pics would be great though.

Jon

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 10:25:24 pm »
I will get the pics tonight. All I have is black right now I think.

Sorry squirrel, I don't have any need for a string like that right now. Thanks though.

As for the knapping tools, who or modern wouldn't matter. I'm just looking to gather the tools before I dive in.

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 11:45:27 pm »
Here are a few pics. The stuff is pretty thin, but it is tuff. It would work for handle leather for sure.  I will trade a piece at least 8 x 20 with extra bits as most are larger. I think there are four or five pieces and I can get more I think.

I tried to show the texture as best I could.
Dave