Author Topic: The solution  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Newindian

The solution
« on: September 15, 2012, 02:45:04 am »
So I had what was going to be my best bow ever, when CRACK! Witch obviously left me kinda upset. But hey it was 48 inches long and broke only 7 inches from the top, why not make it 34 inches long. An seeing as I don't mind short draws I will probably be redeeming a lot of broken bows
I like free stuff.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: The solution
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:15:38 pm »
A 34" bow is doable if you don't plan to draw more than 17". You will be more successful with your bow building and keep your blood presure low if you go with a longer stave. If your draw length is 28" you should not try to make a bow shorter than twice that length(56") and that would be a bendy handle bow with perfect tiller.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 06:49:38 pm »
Pat give some real good advice there 8) You might be better served to make your bows longer to start (ex: 28" draw go 60" for a bendy handle at least) not cause shorter is not possible but because each bow gives some "schoolin" for the next one........the extra length will cut ya some slack for tillering misstakes at the beginning, while you are getting to recognize a good tiller from one that's "allmost" good. Got to admire your moxie there, but give yerself a little break to start with, eh?
rich

Offline Newindian

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:48:00 pm »
This one was juniper, and I think it was one of those one that just breaks for no reason, it's  just nice to give it  a second life. It's also really fun to shoot something just a tad longer than most of my arrows ;)
I like free stuff.

Offline Hunter Van Winkle

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:34:17 pm »
There's always a reason ;D