Author Topic: quick vid of me shooting in the garden  (Read 1779 times)

Offline danny f

quick vid of me shooting in the garden
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:50:04 pm »
hi all just thought id put a quick vid of me practising in the garden with my ash board bow. the vids abit rushed as the missus and kids were moaning about it being cold with the door open lol. most of my shots usually end up about 5" left of the target. although in this vid they arent to consistent through rushing. i am aiming at a 3"-3" target at 10 metres.  cant go any further as the garden isnt big enough :(

Offline Ifrit617

Re: quick vid of me shooting in the garden
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:56:52 pm »
Nice shooting. If your arrows are hitting left of the target cant your bow a bit. This will help if the arrows aren't  properly spined and will help you to get on target.

Jon

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 06:55:25 pm »
+1
Canting the bow and tilting your head will help to get your eye over the back of the arrow.
It looks as if your anchor point and hand is quite a way to the right of your eye. You can see it in the attached frame from your video just as the arrow is leaving.

A good trick is to draw up (but without the arrow on the string) aiming at your reflection in a mirror. It can really show up the alignment.
My old mentor, a target archer (now sadly passed on) was trying this one day in his bedroom with the arrow on the string. He pulled the arrow through the clicker automatically loosed and shot the wardrobe ;D
This link shows me shooting at the camera, dang I missed every time ;) but it shows the slight cant of the bow and the tilt of my head.
http://s411.beta.photobucket.com/user/Del_the_Cat/media/websitevideos/Ashshoot2.mp4.html
(Sorry if you didn't want all this well meant gratuitous advice :-[ )
Del
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:06:52 pm by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline danny f

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 04:04:02 am »
cheers for the advice, its always welcome, :), when i shoot i dont really aim with the arrow, i just look at what im tring to hit if you know what i mean. i shoot alot with a catty (slingshot). and i do the same with that but im a better shot with it lol. i am left handed and left eye dominant but can only shoot a catty or bow right handed :o. so this probably has something to do with it too. i will keep trying and hopefully sort it out.