Author Topic: Dumb mistake.  (Read 2289 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Dumb mistake.
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:03:19 pm »
 I let my neighbor plant around 4 acres of corn on my property this year. It was real windy and looking like rain this evening, so i decided to hunt back edge of the corn from the ground instead of going to a tree stand. Anyway
 I walked to the end of the corn, picked a good spot along my fence with a bunch of vine honeysuckle starting to take over the woven wire, got my stool all situated the way i wanted it, even drew back my bow a couple of time to make sure i didnt have any thing restricting me. After i was completely satisfied with my set up I decided i better get an arrow ready. Thats when i realized that i forgot my quiver. :embarassed:
I knew i had it when i walked out of the house but aparently i set it down on the back bumper of my truck when i went into my building to get my stool. At least i was only 2 minutes from the house but i felt like a fool walking back carrying my bow without any ammo.
Steve Bennett

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: Dumb mistake.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 09:08:29 pm »
Haha oh man that sux hopefully you can get back to the spot without being spotted
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 09:11:25 pm »
Yeah,  i made it back ok but after all that the deer didnt even show up. Think the weather had em moving later than usual.
Steve Bennett

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 11:26:30 pm »
You think you felt like fool? Should have seen my buddy I found sleeping in the woods after he woke up.  He walked back to his truck with a quiver full of arrows and no bow 8) ::) :o Almost found me another bow last weekend but someone was a little lighter sleeper, huh, Steve? ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Stringman

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 07:51:31 am »
Eddie, now that's too funny (and mean!)

Scott

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 09:57:33 am »
We've all had brilliant moments. Mine was climbing 18' up the tree over a decent size creek. Pulled my hickory bow up sat down to watch. Saw a monster buck bedded in a tangle 70 yds away. Made a slight turn in the seat and my bow slid off my lap and into the creek out of sight :o. By the time I got back up to where I was before the drop, I was a little steamed, but the buck was still bedded after all that. Never got a shot. Live and learn ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 10:25:07 am »
 Yep, did that this year as well. Except I left them home and was clear up in the mountains about an hour away when I realized it. Missed the morning hunt  ::)  As you get older you will find it happens all the time, LOL

Offline Adam

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 01:21:15 pm »
I went up a tree in my climbing stand once and tried to pull my pack up on the rope only to realize I forgot to attach it to the rope.  That wouldn't be too bad, but I've done it several times. I'm a slow learner!

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »
LOL. Glad to hear im not the only one that sometimes has brain farts.
Steve Bennett

Offline agd68

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 09:35:42 am »
Did the same thing bear hunting once with a rifle I borrowed from my buddy. Spent all evening in the blind then realized I had left the shells in the truck. Good thing I did'nt see any bears.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

tagalong

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 10:56:16 pm »
  Everyone just has a common case of CRS (can't remember stuff). It happens all of the time and gets worse with age. Welcome to my world.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 12:12:55 am »
Turtle,whats dumb is what I did last friday.Thought id go shoot a few squirells and check my shootin house ,feeder all that,aint seen any deer yet this year,so I left my bow at the house,,and just carried my little 20 gauge,,you know what happend next!  nice doe stepped right out and stared at me!  Gun season hasnt started here yet so there I stood looking really Dumb!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 09:22:38 am »
I resemble that remark.  I wasn't sleeping...just really concentrating on how good the wind sounded in the pine trees. ;D
1’—>1’