Author Topic: Flint glue arrow shafts and in one post  (Read 4104 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Flint glue arrow shafts and in one post
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 06:02:46 pm »
Willow Charcoal...  I figured as much once I thought about of a minute or two.

Thanks
David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline TRACY

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 10:10:30 pm »
Third time is a charm John!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 10:51:53 pm »
Willow is the wood of choice to make charcoal for gunpowder (later called "black powder").  And I believe it is that because of it's porosity and increased surface area to volume ratios.  Wunnerful stuff.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 08:42:35 am »
How do you find that your two flecth arrows work with the knapped points?

Offline iowabow

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »
I have not two fletched yet bu pat b does and they look great. Maybe someone can respond to his question.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 09:20:22 pm »
I have used the two feather fletch exclusively for quite a few years now and they fly great with broadheads.  But the point has to be oriented on the same plane as the feathers or the arrow will fishtail when hit with a side wind.  I snapped a couple pics to demonstrate what I mean, but they aren't very good pics.  Basically you want the point to stand up and down when the arrow is nocked and the feathers should be the same way.  Hard to explain,but hopefully the pics will fill in the blanks a little.  Josh

Offline iowabow

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »
More stories about the amazing glue! Well my buddy got a deer this morning (I wont say his name) but I  missed the biggest buck I have seen all season that came in after a doe. I fired and shot low and the deer ran off then a bigger buck came into the same spot so I took the time to set everyting up right and relaxed my bow hand and fired right over this monster. I also did not have a good grip on the bow hand and dropped the bow. This buck ran back up the hill and so I wheezed to him and he came right back under the stand. I was trying to shoot video because I did not have a bow to shoot but only got this picture as he was walking away. But!!! That is not what this post is about! It is about GLUE!!! Because I miss a lot it is nice to have a glue that will hold up to the test of a   "hopeless hunter" . After driving this point into the dirt now for the third time it is still solid .  Look the hunting industry proves that their equipment is great by showing you successful kills but I do by missing a lot to demonstrate the durablity of the equipment. Somebody  (who is to remain nameless) said today as he was gloating that I should make glue for him becayse he could hit deer with it lol
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:53:58 pm by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Stringman

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »
Hey man, I noticed you were still talking about your glue... Mind if I post just one little pic??

Mmmm, can't ya just smell them juices!  >:D

By the way, who was your buddy?!?

Scott

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »
Thought your deer were all dead from that fly.Keep trying buddy.It's a little different shooting deer than targets.Sounds like nothing's been hurt but your ego. Focus...Focus....Focus,anchor...anchor...anchor,release...release...release.LOL.I know a guy who wrote that on the top fade of his bow.Your arrows and glue are great.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 01:55:48 pm »
Now that's a tad cruel Stringman......LOL.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed