Author Topic: Video for K Walice drop swing  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Hunts with stone

Video for K Walice drop swing
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:04 am »
There seems to be some Interest in this topic so here is the master at work video on his Method.   http://youtu.be/XZdWda99zrI

Offline Tower

Re: Video for K Walice drop swing
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:50:50 am »
That's the same percussion method I use.  I like the results I get.    Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »
Cool, I liked that.  Quick too!  Great Vid! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline StevenT

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:14:53 pm »
Your wife was right.... you make it look easy! I might add... too darned easy!! Good vid.

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:08:16 pm »
Hope he can manage to get to the University of Southern Maine Knap-in to teach me that method.  ;D

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:00 pm »
Ok Huntswithstone hijacked my thread and posted ...I'm gonna find where u live ...just kidding anyway glad u posted that.  I want to make a new youtube video using that same method.  I find with practice and listening to dc waldorf I'm a firm believer that antler can throw wider bigger flakes than any other method...with the least amount of preparation.  Don't get me wrong it can be done with copper or hammerstone but if u try it u will see for yourself...Tower u really use this method?...WillH.  I go to CapeCod a lot Maine never been but if somehow we could meet I would be more than happy... HwS...call me tomorrow..

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Will H

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 11:11:48 am »
Cool video! I'm like tower and also use the same technique but with copper. Leapingbare (Jesse) taught it to me a couple years ago. I use it in conjunction with a lap method. Jesse called it the hammerstone technique using a billett. Either way you do some pretty fine knappin ;) thanks for sharing :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 08:04:40 pm »
Will that's the way I describe it also. " Hold it like you would a hammer stone" that's the way I do my initial thinning. I'll post my copper bopper tomorrow it has a unique wear pattern.    Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!