Author Topic: bow quiver for selfbows, updates with new heads  (Read 3809 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
bow quiver for selfbows, updates with new heads
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:28:28 am »
 First: I'm searching for solutions for selfmade bow quivers, so every tip is welcome ...

I will show you my attemts, my thought was to make a 2-piece puiver for only three arrows. The upper part (the one for the points) should be replaceable for whatever points are in use. So here the first one for broadheads.

As said the bottom part will be the same for all heads.

I'm not fully satisfied because it is a bit heavy for my taste, here are the pics:

here is a head for target points:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:49:12 am by simson »
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: bow quiver for selfbows
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:34:27 am »
That looks great and very nice job. I've toyed around with putting one on my bows but can't get used to it but yours looks really nice and functional.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »
     i wish my 1st attempts or prototypes looked so good. Nice job!
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »
How  do  you  type  about  the  huge  grin  and  giggle  I just  made  when I first  saw these?????   I  love  love  the  last  one!!!   that  needs  a   build  along  or I need the  patern    good  job!!!    JeffW

Offline dmenzies1950

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 05:56:40 pm »
I don't usually like the look of bow mounted quivers on a primitive bow, but yours actually goes fine with your bow! Very creative!
                                                        Dale
"His bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One, the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel." Genesis 49:24

Offline Adam

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 08:32:21 pm »
Wow! I think you're definitely on to something there.  Great ideas!

Offline steve b.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 09:12:44 pm »
I applaud your efforts.  I have two EFA quivers that I removed the velcro straps and replaced with leather straps and snaps.  The EFA hoods wobble or bend when you push a arrow head into the foam.  I wish they were more rigid and I always wanted to do something to them like you have on your field point hood where the connection is made to the bow where its more structural and parallel to the limb instead of a single, rubber point.
So I would replace your cordage with leather straps and snaps.   Two or three small snaps per strap for varying limb thickness as you move the quiver from bow to bow. 
And a strap on the lower shaft holder that you could pull over the arrow shafts so they would not pop out when either in transit in some vehicle or when hunting and going through brush or whatever.

Offline simson

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 03:48:05 am »
Thanks for your replies guys, show me your bow quivers. I'm interested seeing new ones.

simson
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline simson

Re: bow quiver for selfbows, updates with new heads
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 04:02:26 am »
here comes two new heads, one a target and one a trade point head. Let me know your thoughts.

In both are hidden super lodestones, so if the point comes near the head the arrow will be soaked in the tunnel.

here is the trade point head:

and here is another for target points. Its my favorite, it is very small.

Simon
Bavaria, Germany