Author Topic: Tiller question on a Yew Longbow (full draw pic)  (Read 5452 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: Tiller question on a Yew Longbow (full draw pic)
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 04:56:18 am »
My mind is playing tricks on me! unless you swapped photos out, i swear the bottom limb was bending more only 45 mins ago!    :o
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline Weylin

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 05:14:00 am »
heh, I didn't switch the pictures. I do think the bottom limb is a hair weak. I'm debating about whether I want to mess with it or leave well enough alone. I could take some scrapes off of the top limb to even it out but I hesitate to because the top limb has taken a fraction of an inch of set already and I dont want to make it worse.

Offline steve b.

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 05:35:00 am »
Are you pulling it from the spot on the string where the arrow will go and with three fingers?  It might make a little difference in the tiller.  And also whether the limbs are equal length.

Offline adb

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 10:22:12 am »
The tiller on that bow is great. I would only sand it and finish it, and then shoot it! Know when to say when!

Offline Weylin

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 01:56:19 pm »
Thanks, adb, that's likely going to be my course of action.  (or course of inaction  ::))
Thanks Del and muffin.
Steve b., That's a good question. I'm notoriously bad at placing my fingers naturally for full draw pictures. I should just suck it up and use an arrow I'm just afraid of sneezing and putting an arrow through the drywall or something.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 02:29:03 pm »
Looks like you got yourself another nice shooter buddy.  Can't wait to see it all dolled up.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Keenan

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »
Looking great Weylin,  Glad she worked out for you. Can't wait to see her all finished up