Author Topic: Silverleaf Bow  (Read 8505 times)

Offline steve b.

Re: Silverleaf Bow
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 02:56:28 am »
That's wild.  Nice job.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 11:04:50 am »
lesken2011, steve b.   -  Thanks!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline coaster500

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:26 am »
Great bow and fantastic detail....  Well done !!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 11:59:35 am »
Nice work, and nice bow, I love that leather work...what tools did the elves use to do that.?   Its the same over here, the local elves have started trading their wares for dacron B50
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 12:28:23 pm »
Very creative detail work. The tiller looks excellent. Where did you learn to speak elvin?   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 12:53:11 pm »
Cool bow. I like the fantasy bows. Your artwork is a nice touch, but I really like the leatherwork.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 06:18:36 pm »
coaster500 - Thanks!

dragonman - Thanks.  I think the Silverleaf Elves used leather stamping tools they carved from elk antler and a mallet made with rawhide and a maple handle - Or they got a few from Tandy Leather...   yeah the modern materials start creeping in sometimes.  I'm thinking of skipping linen and going to fast flight...I'm sure if Elves knew about that they'd do the same....not sure I have enough patience or skill to use flax fibers or some such...  Thanks again!

Sidewinder -  I learned elvish from Rosetta Stone...I got it on sale from amazon.com for $699.  It's not much use though because no one else speaks it!  Actually I don't speak a word.  I just found a cool looking font and used it... Thanks for your comments!

Dvshunter - Thanks.  I'm glad you like it.  One of the reasons I make bows is because i like the fantasy world etc.  I'm glad you like the leatherwork. I've been wanting to learn to do that for a long time and finally did something about it. I was worried it wouldn't turn out at all.  Thanks again!

Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Bowman

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »
Cool bow. Nice handlewrap. I like the color. :-)
"for veik var kongens bue......."

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 08:58:47 pm »
Do you know if this elf was invited to the Tennessee classic? Beautiful weapon, my  helmet goes off to the elven folk. ;)
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Shaun

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 12:18:31 am »
Some bows deserve a second look, some a third, some are in a class by themselves... inspirational work sir!

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 12:27:18 am »
Love it!

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 10:01:39 am »
Bowman - Thanks!

Misslemaster - Ha!  That's quite a long walk.  ;D  Especially since he lives in Arizona....Would be fun to go though!
Thanks for looking and for your comments!   

Shaun - Thanks.  Thank you very much.

Lostarrow - Thanks!

Offline Tortoise

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:25 am »
Straight from the lands of Rivendell
-Peter
Arizona

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 07:50:51 pm »
Give me a Mithril shirt and such a bow as that, ...and lookout Smaug!

OneBow - - - closet nerd

Offline adb

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »
WOW! Extra fine finishing detail. The artwork is amazing. The leather work for the grip is the nicest thing I've seen here for a while! It's a nice bow, too. Your tiller looks great.