Author Topic: canadian goose feathers  (Read 1648 times)

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
canadian goose feathers
« on: April 30, 2013, 04:00:48 pm »
looking for Canadian goose wing feathers. Please pm me

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: canadian goose feathers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:08:15 pm »
PM sent
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline ojibwatbowyer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:32:10 am »
This is probably a really stupid question but I have never given much thought to it until now, what do you Americans call Canadian geese? Seeing as how we used to have 6 months of winter up here and they spent half the time flying and living down south for the winter, did we just get first dibs on the name? sorry I literally have nothing better to do at the moment  ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 01:00:03 pm »
Trading in migratory bird parts is a good way to get yourself in trouble with the US Fish & Wildlife Service.  They cannot be bought, sold, or traded.  If legally taken, they can be gifted under certain circumstances, but there are also local regulations you should be concerned with as well.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:53:15 pm »
This is probably a really stupid question but I have never given much thought to it until now, what do you Americans call Canadian geese? Seeing as how we used to have 6 months of winter up here and they spent half the time flying and living down south for the winter, did we just get first dibs on the name? sorry I literally have nothing better to do at the moment  ;D

Around here we call them Mexican geese  >:D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline IsaacW

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »
I may be tempted to simply call them nikag.

IW
We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold