Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 846961 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1200 on: June 21, 2013, 10:51:22 am »
Last night we had the year end bar-b-que for the wifes daycare.. Flipped 125 burgers.. Was supposed to rain but it held out and we had nice sunny evening..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline seabass

« Reply #1201 on: June 21, 2013, 10:34:21 pm »
that is good news Leroy.i am glad you guys had good weather.that was alot of burger flippin though,but it was for a good cause.hows the fishing been?
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JessaHein

« Reply #1202 on: June 22, 2013, 06:58:19 pm »
Today was the big Midsummer celebration here in Finland, so some family got together and we grilled sausages and kicked back and played catch-up. I just came in from watching midnight pass a little while ago.

The longest day of the year looks pretty cool in the land of the Midnight sun! :3
Vannon, että osun omenaan!

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #1203 on: June 23, 2013, 12:53:55 pm »
On Saturday I had a conversation with a very adamant 10 year old girl that there were no NDNs in the US only Native Americans! I told her that teachers could be wrong (or at least opinionated) and that in fact there are NDNs in the US. She again said not so my teacher said so! Terminology is a confusing animal. The feds are currently using American Indian as per the American Indian Liaison office.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1204 on: June 23, 2013, 03:13:39 pm »
I got up bloody early to a gorgeous morning with loads of sunshine and a mid-sized black foster dog that is bound and determined to worm her way into my hard and cold heart. 

We went to the Dog Park where she ran her butt off chasing butterflies, squirrels, birds, and lots of other dogs.  She ran into the creek for the very first time in her life and was pleasantly surprised with how much fun it was.  So she then decided to splash the water and try biting it.  That proved to be a lot of fun until another dog joined in and then it was time for more chasing.  90 minutes of utterly unrestricted play and excercise...she is now at the wine shop with me, sleeping under the counter happily.

Tomorrow I hope to hear that she will be mine on a forever basis.  It's been two years and two weeks since I lost my old Scully. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1205 on: June 23, 2013, 04:02:52 pm »
Been snake skinning a sinew back- osage bow, chipping a few points, sipping a few Coronas with a venison roast in the Dutch oven and watching NASCAR. And, Bonepile and his wife stopped by this morning. A nice day, so far.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1206 on: June 24, 2013, 04:38:04 pm »
that is good news Leroy.i am glad you guys had good weather.that was alot of burger flippin though,but it was for a good cause.hows the fishing been?

Fishing has been good. Until last week when the river started going up. Yesterday it peeked at 5400 cubic meters per second. It'll be a coupla weeks befor I get back down to the hole and see what's happened. My son has been slaying the pike in the local lakes. Couldn't go fishing with him and his freind. but I did manage to help him with the fish fry. >:D
Thanks Leroy

Offline seabass

« Reply #1207 on: June 24, 2013, 06:10:55 pm »
good to hear from you Leroy.glad the floods didn't get ya.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1208 on: June 25, 2013, 06:37:54 pm »
Leroy live on hill.. Helped my exin-laws drag everything upstairs on friday.. They're getting up there and he has parkinsons real bad. Ol' Bill be in a home soon..Good People.. We are starting to find out today damage as the water is going down. Lots of volunteers helping bag homes.
Thanks Leroy

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1209 on: June 25, 2013, 09:53:47 pm »
A friend who is low on bow wood asked me to see if I had any wood that could be turned into a BBO for one of his friends. I had a nice half log that would yield two billets. Took longer than I thought it would to tun a log into lumber but got the two billets spliced up and ready for bamboo.

I am fed up with photo bucket, nothing works anymore. This is my first attempt with Image Shack, hope it works.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1210 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:37 pm »
Ain't been worth a spit the last few days since the catfish been biting on the Belle Fourche River.  Two nights in a row coming home with about 70 lbs of fish to clean.  Plus my Jeep smells like a Bakken Oilfield traveling cat shack. 

I smoked 14 lbs of filets today, but didn't have time to try 'em before I had to head for work. 

Took the foster dog to the river with me last nite.  She's lived in a 2'x4' kennel most of her 8 months of life, being outside without a leash or a fence blew her away.  All night long she ran the 300 yds of creekbank like a thoroughbred racehorse.  Full gallop down, spin around and push harder running back.  By the time we got back to the Jeep to come home she was ready to sleep.  I think I need to keep this dog.  I felt like I had a Marine Corps workout just watching her run like that!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Roy

« Reply #1211 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:08 pm »
JW, that sounds like my kind of night. I would keep her too.. ^5 Roy

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1212 on: June 28, 2013, 01:35:43 pm »
JW - Sounds excatly like when we rescued Luke coupla years ago. Took him down to the river sturgeon fishing. That dog ran for 3 hours straight. Probaly the first time he had any freedom. The dog is yours you know that
Thanks Leroy

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1213 on: June 28, 2013, 02:53:52 pm »
I kinda' got the notion that the guy who I am doing the glue-up for is pretty impulsive when it comes to tillering. To eliminate the possibility of all the work I have in the glue up being in vain, I have been moving more toward a almost completed bow.  I glued on the bamboo backing, added a piece to build up the handle as well as tip overlays. Today I will probably floor tiller the bow.

Tomorrow my friends are coming over to "make" the bow. Won't be much making left to do and they will leave with a really fine bow.

Offline Roy

« Reply #1214 on: June 29, 2013, 02:32:59 pm »
Sounds like a fun day Eric.
Last night I finished my Grandsons bow, HBO 18# @ 20".