Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 846439 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1290 on: July 22, 2013, 11:40:14 pm »
Clint, how do you use the remote to tiller? Is that your secret tool? >:D

Tracy

I wish.  I need background noise while I work.  I listened to the movie Alamo while I worked today.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1291 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:33 pm »
Don't let that ol' Outlaw fool ya, he uses that remote to burnish the limbs.  Yup, battery operated burnisher.

Clint, lotta fun chasing those hollowed out growth rings, huh? 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #1292 on: July 22, 2013, 11:58:57 pm »
made an ash recurve... it shoots good, #40@24". I caught a limb tip on fire with the propane torch when doing the recurves...
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1293 on: July 23, 2013, 10:38:47 am »
my girl just made a strawberry rubarb pie.her first.it was great.i love the rubarb.are you making a rubarb apple pie Leroy?if you are,let me know all about it.i have never had that.
Gonna giver a try. My mom makes a stewed rhuebarb and apple type sauce..  Might have to cut it with strawberries.. Pie is always good..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1294 on: July 24, 2013, 10:23:37 am »
Cooked a nothing from the store meal today, well, almost nothing. Deer liver and onion gravy, fresh corn, zipper peas, fried squash and fried green tomatoes from the garden. A friend's wife makes the best Mexican corn bread on the planet, some of which I had vacuum sealed in the freezer, toasted me a piece in the toaster oven. It was the one thing I had with the meal that was from the store, along with a little onion and some cooking oil.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #1295 on: July 24, 2013, 12:56:42 pm »
Sounds good to me
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Stringman

« Reply #1296 on: July 24, 2013, 04:02:00 pm »
Love doin that in the summer when the garden and freezer is full!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1297 on: July 27, 2013, 02:25:53 am »
Today we introduced our cat to my niece's boxer puppy.  It didn't go well.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #1298 on: July 27, 2013, 09:13:55 am »
LOL   ;D
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1299 on: July 27, 2013, 11:17:48 am »
Another country living perk; Blueberries right out of my patch turned into bluebery pancakes. Nothing like them, with a good cup of coffee and a deer sausage patty, mighty good!

Offline bubby

« Reply #1300 on: July 27, 2013, 07:31:46 pm »
went out to my in-laws to cut and plane some lams, somebody spent $5 at a yard sale for a old glass bear bow and some arrows, gave me the arrows, two of witch were fishing arrows so I made out like a bandit
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #1301 on: July 27, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »
just shipped the kids off to the in laws house for a slumber party and getting set up here for an adult only party.game on!!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1302 on: July 29, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »
Im going to set targets at Elm Hall after work today. The work is all worth it when the people start pouring in and enjoy every minute of it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1303 on: July 30, 2013, 02:50:35 pm »
OK, I achieved a milestone today, I walked by two draw knives at a flea market today and didn't even ask what he wanted for them. In the past if I could get one for $10 I would take it home with me. Took way too many rough  draw knives home with the intention of putting new handles on and refurbishing them. It is harder to turn new handles on my lathe and get them to match that I thought it would be.

My name is Eric and I am a drawknifeaholic.

Offline Roy

« Reply #1304 on: July 30, 2013, 04:48:49 pm »
Today was pick cabbage from the garden and make sauerkraut day. I cut up 9 heads of cabbage. I use sea salt at a rate of 2 teaspoons per pound of cabbage. Iodized salt is not a good idea they say.

All tucked in right under the AC vent where it will stay about 68 degrees. Tomorrow I'll pack it into quart mason jars and cap it snug. That keeps air, dust, and bugs out of it. I'll store it in the basement where it's about 68 degrees I'll pop the caps every day for a week or so to let the gas escape and add salt water if it needs it. You need to keep the cabbage submersed. In 5 or 6 weeks I'll cook it up and can it. I'll get about 12 quarts out of the 9 heads. Came out to 11.5 quarts packed very tight.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:52:42 pm by Roy »