Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 843842 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2013, 12:12:01 pm »
I hear ya Pap and Keenan about that posy tillering deal.
Well to day I might rough out two choke cherry cut back in Oct.They've been a stave for that long anyway.Gonna clamp it to a form like Dean Torges' R/D form to be sure it don't twist only in a very slight reflex.Just enough to get enough pressure so It can't twist on me..The staves have been behaving good so far but still don't trust it.It's cold here too and drying is'nt very fast which might be a blessing in disquise.I'll cut it 2" wide and 1" or maybe 3/4" thick the whole way evenly except for the handle of course.I know it's different cherry but I might still sinew these on acount of blackhawks' explosion lately.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Adam

« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »
I just replaced the thrust bearings on my bandsaw.  The ones that were on there when I bought it were not sealed and did not spin very easily.  It works much better now.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »
I skinned a static osage curve and got her ready to seal tonite. Its coming along nicely.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2013, 04:51:40 pm »
Got a couple more osage staves taken down to a ring.  Let the drying begin....

Stringman

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2013, 05:23:48 pm »
Cleaned up the garage and swept out the dust. Getting. Ready to but her a beef this weekend with my bro. S'pposed to be in the 40's on Sat and that will be darn near perfect for meat cuttin!

Scott

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:00 pm »
Damn fine butchering weather Scott. Dad and I get after beef and hogs often enough. Dad is a old world German sausage maker. He has anything and eveything realted to slaughtering, butchering and processing anything humans eat. I love knowing where every stitch of meat came from.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »
Same here, Chris. You can't buy that kind of confidence. Knowing how it was raised and butchered makes me feel a lot better about putting it on the table.

Scott

Offline darwin

« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2013, 08:51:40 pm »
Started messing with a xbow I ordered parts for inspired but the build along i saw here

Offline Keenan

« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:51 pm »
Got the final finish on $##&@$$ lumpy yew bow  :o >:D  Think it is good enough to do the wrap and full draw pic, then on her way to $##&@$$ 

Did a buildalong for a Handle wrap W/arrow pass and shelf built in.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:33 pm »
Recieved my Christmas bow from Bryce!!!!  Man is it sweet!!!

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,36491.msg490842.html#msg490842

Took my wife out to the Taco Temple....  she had Halibut Tacos and I had a Giant Chile breaded stuffed with shrimp and cheese with a kind of mole sauce....  a couple of longboard drafts and man, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!! Yea baby :)

Great day !!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2013, 09:26:25 am »
Yew warbow

Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2013, 09:31:38 am »
Sheep horn tips Marc?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2013, 11:05:37 am »
A real classic Marc.Looks great.Whoever gets that will be happy.
Well I skinned a coyote,tillered a hickory bow,and finished floor tillering a choke cherry.
 Besides the usual of stuffin wood in the wood stove and taking care of my hounds and terrier.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2013, 11:18:47 am »
Still cutting in and painting the inside of our house.  ::) Hoping to get into some sawdust soon. I haven't even had a chance to get well aquainted with my new Stave Master.  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2013, 11:55:16 am »
Merry Christmas Kip that is awesome! Good job Bryce.

Great looking bow Mark. Fantastic bend and perfect tiller.