Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 846931 times)

Offline Poggins

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1920 on: May 30, 2014, 10:33:25 pm »
Sometimes when they are queen less they will be noisier than normal , also if there is a queen laying in the hive they will be bringing in lots of pollen .

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #1921 on: May 31, 2014, 11:39:41 am »
I was gonna mention the laying worker too.  Supposedly shacking them on the sheet works, the laying worker is too heavy to fly. A laying worker will only lay drone eggs so if your hive is full of drone brood w/ no worker brood, that could be a sign. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1922 on: May 31, 2014, 02:23:16 pm »
Every frame with drone brood had worker brood, and sometimes lotsa capped worker brood. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1923 on: May 31, 2014, 08:29:42 pm »
Sounds like you have a queen in there .
Still haven't had a chance to extract the super of honey I pulled , got a call from a freind that's dozing the cedars on his place and they found a bee tree , didn't push the tree . The tree is a dead blackjack and looks to have a good sized colony in it , a bit mean right now but that may be due to loosing the cedar that shaded them , I sujested leaving it be for now and my brother mentioned maybe cutting the top off just above the cavity and putting a board over it to keep the tree standing longer , that got us to thinking about adding supers on top that we could rob honey with , the owner was quite happy with that idea and even offered to bring a backhoe or lift out to work off from .
The tree would be easy to get with the backhoe there , could cut the top off and tie a chane on and cut it off at the ground and lay it over gently to open it up .

Offline bubby

« Reply #1924 on: June 02, 2014, 12:45:48 am »
just got back from taking two of my grand kids to their first black powder rendezvous, 6 and 8 year old boys and after shooting the archery range, hawk n knife and rifle with them both and me doing it all to my  A$$ is dragging, i'll post pics but they placed 1st and second archery, and the older on levi took second in rifle, hell my wife even took third in archery great weekend and i'll post pics later
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1925 on: June 02, 2014, 03:58:42 am »
Way cool Bub ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #1926 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:51 am »
Looking forward to the pics bub, I've got all of my stuff ready to go, the first rendezvous of the summer in our area is next weekend, I can't wait!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1927 on: June 02, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »
You need a "#1 Grandpa" plate for your truck bub!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #1928 on: June 02, 2014, 03:48:04 pm »
Wife and I got 25 miles in on the bicycles today.  Got to start getting  in longer miles as we prepare for a week long bike trip in 2 weeks.

Riding in Ohio so I will have to hide my UM bike jersey's, LOL

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1929 on: June 03, 2014, 02:49:31 pm »
Part of the 22 pints of honey I put up over the weekend , pulled more yesterday evening and need to get all of the early honey off they have capped to make room for the clover that's blooming ( I planted about five acres ).

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #1930 on: June 03, 2014, 08:13:56 pm »
SWEET Poggins! pun intended.  ;) dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1931 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:49 am »
Pulled my camper to Tannehill park for the Hill Shoot. You have to go early to get a prime camper spot. As soon as I parked it I turned around and headed home, too much to do at home to sit alone in my camper for three days waiting on the tournament to start.

Any of you that want to see my smiling face, I have the Cougar fifth wheel parked a little south of the bath house, drop by for a visit.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1932 on: June 09, 2014, 01:15:34 am »
Well , been the same think most evenings , gather the tools up , fire up the smoker and dive into a hive or two . Been averaging between 15-20 pints each time , may have close to 24 pints of honey this evening , this may be a very good year for my bees ,my clover is blooming and all 4+ acres realy gets to buzzing around noon when it's not raining .

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1933 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:25 am »
Great time at the Hill Shoot, saw so many friends and made some new ones, I shot pretty well which made the weekend more enjoyable.

I have my camper parked in the driveway and am ready to kick back and catch up on my sleep.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1934 on: June 09, 2014, 11:54:58 am »
I split and cleaned up some elm billets I was given. Turns out my two billets are really four with a cleverly placed wedge! All are spotless clean and straight. Should make for some sweet billet bows.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.