Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 846637 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2040 on: October 02, 2014, 08:49:30 pm »
Way to go Eddie ....can't keep a good man down!  :)  I'm looking forward to a total knee soon  :-\
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2041 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:01 pm »
Thanks, Bill. I heard Therapy is a little tougher for the knee. I wish I had done this sooner, hope it works for you.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #2042 on: October 02, 2014, 11:12:29 pm »
that's good news eddie, dbar after two total knees and one reline i'll tell ya get it done, you will be happy
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2043 on: October 08, 2014, 12:45:18 pm »
Finished my latest flute!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2044 on: October 08, 2014, 09:25:44 pm »
Nice looking flute and drum, Joe.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2045 on: October 08, 2014, 09:26:32 pm »
Got my stitches out today. A real, standup shower sure was nice.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2046 on: October 08, 2014, 10:22:57 pm »
Went to pick up an injured bird and when I got there I realized I had forgot to bring a crate.  It was a very upset and very strong young prairie falcon.  I put a wrap of blue painter's tape around the legs to pin them, and another around the wings to pin those down.  I pulled a leather glove over her head like a falconer's hood and tucked her under my left arm. 

Back in the Jeep and headed back to town.  I thought I was doing pretty good at staying in my lane driving with only one hand when the bird shook off the glove and attempted to eat my left hand.  I thought I was doing pretty good to steer with one knee and downshift with the right hand on the stick when I heard the WHOOPWHOOP behind me and saw the lights in the rear view mirror. 

Luckily the window was partway down because shifting the bird from one arm to the other would have looked pretty suspicious and I mighta got Fergusonned behind the wheel!  When the officer got up to the window to ask for license and registration he saw a very agitated falcon under my arm.  I was trying to come up with some line better than the ol' "Honestly, I can explain everything..." when the officer said, "Hey, you are the guy that came to pick up the great horned owl last winter!" 

He allowed me to explain why I was wandering in my lane a bit and laughed at me.  He offered to help secure the bird better so that no further incidents would arise on my way home.  The extra pair of hands and my long sleeve flannel t-shirt secured the bird and we made it home in one piece.  When I got home I realized he and I had not done the license and registration ceremony.  Sometimes it pays to be a minor local celebrity! Of course, it also pays to be polite to guys with guns and badges. 

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2047 on: October 11, 2014, 01:47:38 am »
1st fire of the fall in southwest florida in my new shop with my dog Lou.
1’—>1’

Offline Poggins

« Reply #2048 on: October 12, 2014, 10:00:35 pm »
After I came in from a morning hunt I went and rebuilt one of my blinds , with the rain moving in tonight it should wash all my activity away and be ready to hunt .
This blind I in a point of trees that splits my food plot , this should get me in range now , the old brush blind had started to collapse and the new blind is a lot bigger and is covere with one of those heavy black truck tarps , with two small openings and one larger one should give me a chance to get into position for a shot without being seen .

Also a friend of mine in Kansas ( also one of the guys that taught me how to build bows) took a doe today with a rattan bow , this is the same material we make the kids bows that we give away at OJAM , Ralph also took a turkey with another rattan bow last week .
We were working on some rattan kids bows for the outdoor expo and talked about how strong some of the bows were , at the expo a couple of the bows were well over 50# so they sat them back , one ended up at 45# at 26" after tillering and the other 50# at 26" , just shows how serious we are when we tell parents that just because we call them kids bows doesn't mean they are toys they are real bows.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2049 on: October 16, 2014, 12:13:00 am »
I have been on the road for a few days. I went to fall ceremony and another NDGenous gathering to celebrate Submuloc days. Got to see my dad and my daughter. Iowa - she is about 1 hr west of Des Moines in Bayard.  Went to a NDN museum thinking we would be there for a bit. We were there for 8 hours! Totally unexpected reception and time from museum staff! I am taking a staycation this week. Need a  break from work and do not have the funds to travel. Trying to catch up on chores and craftwork for the NDN museum gift shop. So much to do... Breathe! I truly appreciate you all! Thank you for being you!
 :)

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2050 on: October 21, 2014, 07:12:22 pm »
Just got back from a 5 day hunting /fishing trip at my camp today ....Had my father-in-law (86 yr old), a real good friend from work (65 yr old), my two kids and their family (just kids), my wife (who knows?  ::) 29??), and my mom and dad (both 84 yrs old) out to camp.  had lots of fun........... caught lots of fish and saw plenty of deer.  Good eats, and stories around the camp fire....My buddy from work saw two big bucks an didn't get a shot.  My father-in-law, dad and I caught lots of big BG and some big croppy. 

Hate to go back to work tomorrow, but got to pay bill for a few more years... ??? :laugh:

Till next time,
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2051 on: October 23, 2014, 10:02:27 am »
Went out antelope hunting after work... Got this one coming off a pea feild back on to the prairie... Rifle season
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2052 on: October 23, 2014, 12:01:41 pm »
Nice one Stoker!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2053 on: October 23, 2014, 12:09:50 pm »
Very nice, Leroy.

I just got back from a mile and three quarter walk up and down some small hills before I go to Therapy.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2054 on: October 23, 2014, 12:37:31 pm »
Nice animal Leroy

Sounds like you had a good week off with the family big guy!

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.