Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 838448 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1380 on: August 19, 2013, 08:50:33 am »
Thanks Eric,very nice and she will be missed by all that knew her. Joe /bubby sounds like yall had a good day. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1381 on: August 19, 2013, 10:09:00 am »
I put some hickory staves in my hot box at about 13%mc a couple weeks ago, checked them yesterday and they were down to 7%. These are for students who happen by, wanting to make their first bow.

I have got to clean my shop up, my work bench is 8ft long and has the remnants of at least a half dozen started projects piled one on top of the other on top of it. I know there is a wood work bench top under there somewhere, just have to do an archaeological dig to find it.

Offline Roy

« Reply #1382 on: August 19, 2013, 11:10:34 am »
Sounds like a great bow bench, Eric:) I gotta do that to my shop every now and then..

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1383 on: August 19, 2013, 11:14:02 am »
Over the weekend I worked on getting the honey I pulled into jars , still have five gallons to go ( got just over 15 gallons so far) .
I also split some osage that I cut a month ago , still have two nice logs in that pile and then I need to start on another pile of osage that I cut back in March.
The two big logs are 69" and 78" long .

Offline seabass

« Reply #1384 on: August 19, 2013, 04:46:07 pm »
Joe , that canteen you made me was everything I hoped for and much more.it made my day to open that package.i hope those heads serve you well brother.i can't figure out why ole Roy don't send me one of those nice tri-lams he makes.lol
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #1385 on: August 19, 2013, 09:43:50 pm »
Late yesterday afternoon I went out on an injured raptor call, only to find a very large and very perturbed golden eagle.  He was unable to fly, but could sprint like the Jamaican Bobsled team heading for the hot showers!  Got him corraled up and our vet had a quick look at him.  Nothing appears to be broken, so we held him overnight at the request of USF&W.

This morning I loaded him into a large dog kennel, popped him in the back of the Jeep and headed out on the 3 hour drive to the nearest qualified veterinarian/rehabber.  I just got back into town in time to get to work this evening and my Jeep smells like eagle poo.

At least I got a chance to b.s. with Soy on the phone for a while this afternoon!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #1386 on: August 19, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »
Finished my first semester of medical school today. Hoping to get a little knapping in before I start back up on Monday. :)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1387 on: August 19, 2013, 11:14:03 pm »
Congratulations on the schooling  O:)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1388 on: August 20, 2013, 12:42:41 pm »
I put some hickory staves in my hot box at about 13%mc a couple weeks ago, checked them yesterday and they were down to 7%. These are for students who happen by, wanting to make their first bow.

I have got to clean my shop up, my work bench is 8ft long and has the remnants of at least a half dozen started projects piled one on top of the other on top of it. I know there is a wood work bench top under there somewhere, just have to do an archaeological dig to find it.

Eric, for some reason I didn't have you as messy bench guy. You surprised me!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1389 on: August 20, 2013, 01:40:28 pm »
When you mix bows, flintlocks and spur of the moment general repairs to assorted odds and ends and never put anything up, it gets out of hand rather quickly.

Sure hate to see all those deep checks in that fine osage. Been there done that. My motto now is never to put more osage on the ground than I can deal with in a timely manner before the checking starts.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1390 on: August 20, 2013, 02:39:21 pm »
Took the mower off my tractor, put my bush hog on, loaded up my tractor on the trailer to drive to Tennessee to bush hog food plots on the land I hunt. Hot, very steamy day, this isn't going to be a fun afternoon but I have to get it done.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1391 on: August 20, 2013, 02:54:29 pm »
Got 16 pints of sour cherry jam made this weekend... Got to try out my new to me pressure canner.. Worked perfect..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Roy

« Reply #1392 on: August 20, 2013, 06:19:35 pm »
Hey Eric, check out my new toy:)

Offline Stoker

« Reply #1393 on: August 20, 2013, 08:06:28 pm »
Shiney.. Picking up the chicks with that rig
Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1394 on: August 21, 2013, 12:25:15 am »
What model is your tractor Roy? I am thinking about trading my B7510 for a slightly larger one.