Author Topic: Exactly where and when is the tenn classic  (Read 9920 times)

Offline johnston

Re: Exactly where and when is the tenn classic
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 02:30:15 am »
Can I sleep in my truck ? At the Classic I mean.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 06:18:59 am »
Might be the safest place johnston. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 10:19:49 am »
Just be sure it is your own vehicle, Lane!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 02:31:07 pm »
Just be sure it is your own vehicle, Lane!  ;D

Pat u make it sound like you've misplaced your vehicle before there..would it have been after the late night festivities of shooting the you know what and being passed the mason jar too many times? ;)

Ya know if I saw lane passed out in my vehicle id just chuckle n laugh, then walk away n leave him be to sleep  :laugh:

Offline Stalkingfox

• Not all those who wander lost. _J.R.R. Tolkien
    • Innerfield
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »
Anyone comming through Iowa?  :D Id love to go and actually learn some more. Hell Ill bring my hammock so I dont have to sleep in anyones vehicle
Not all those who wander are lost.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 07:23:10 am »
Long story  ???  Pat. ;) :) :) :) :-[
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 10:26:20 am »
Chris, that was exactly it. It was the year before the flood and I got rained out of my tent so I went to my car to sleep only to find someone else already sleeping( ::)) there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

blackhawk

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:25:17 pm »
 :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:......doh!!!!!!.......oh, all the good times and stories that happen at the classic  ;D

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:18 pm »
There are some things that can happen even with out the mason jar advantage....lol.   Last year, I made a trade with Pappy for a beautiful osage snake skinned bow he had made and this was my first ever classic.  Now to most that would just be a typical deal, but not for me.  This was my first ever snake skinned bow, so I took it and placed it along the edge of my ten on the floor across from my cot so I could admire it at a glance.

Well the first morning after getting the bow, I woke up after sun up and just happen to glance over and seen it all pretty just resting there.  What a beautiful sight.  The next morning was a totally different story.

When I got up the second morning, it was dark, and I mean dark.  No problem.  Just get your flash light Charlie and get dressed and move one.  Well that was to be a huge mistake.  As I sat up after getting my flash light and getting myself out of my sleeping bag and sitting up on the edge of the cot, my flash light went the full length of a huge snake that had crawled into my tent some how, and I come totally unglued.  I pulled my feet up over the top of my head, and fell backwards off of the cot, on to the floor that a snake was on, and I was beating every thing in that tent up with a vengeance to stay alive.  It was not a pretty sight or feeling I am telling you.  But is a memory that will last a life time.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 06:30:05 pm »
Wish the classic was during July, can't miss my AP's

Jon

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »
There are some things that can happen even with out the mason jar advantage....lol.   Last year, I made a trade with Pappy for a beautiful osage snake skinned bow he had made and this was my first ever classic.  Now to most that would just be a typical deal, but not for me.  This was my first ever snake skinned bow, so I took it and placed it along the edge of my ten on the floor across from my cot so I could admire it at a glance.

Well the first morning after getting the bow, I woke up after sun up and just happen to glance over and seen it all pretty just resting there.  What a beautiful sight.  The next morning was a totally different story.

When I got up the second morning, it was dark, and I mean dark.  No problem.  Just get your flash light Charlie and get dressed and move one.  Well that was to be a huge mistake.  As I sat up after getting my flash light and getting myself out of my sleeping bag and sitting up on the edge of the cot, my flash light went the full length of a huge snake that had crawled into my tent some how, and I come totally unglued.  I pulled my feet up over the top of my head, and fell backwards off of the cot, on to the floor that a snake was on, and I was beating every thing in that tent up with a vengeance to stay alive.  It was not a pretty sight or feeling I am telling you.  But is a memory that will last a life time.

Charlie that is one of the funniest stories Ive read! This is going to be some kind of fun.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 06:37:41 pm »
It was real funny......two days after it happend....lol.  And just for the record, I have not drank in 9 years...lol.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 09:20:15 pm »
Charlie, thats what the Mason Jar is for. Had you partook you would not have woke up at sunrise and that mean ole snake would have had a chance to escape!  ;D

Offline seabass

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 09:41:06 pm »
Pat is right Charles.that snake would have been gone by noon.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 06:31:02 am »
ROFLMBO.   Yeah, but I got first hand knowledge of what that jar can do to people.  There were only a hand full of people that showed up the next morning until about noon....lol