Author Topic: Feathers  (Read 3151 times)

Offline kevinsmith5

Re: Feathers
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:11 pm »
Shhhhhh

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 11:40:30 pm »
ok, so there is a meat cleaver in the trunk.  Expedient feather retrieval system.

Offline bhenders

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 03:40:58 pm »
If you can't get them anywhere else, there are always people selling them on ebay.  Just look at all the listings to get the lowest prices.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »
They just show up on the back porch each spring !!!
other things show up once in awhile too,deer antlers,muskrats ,deer hids,wood,even a few kids !!!!
I realy don't know why !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 01:01:02 pm »
I can explain how the kids show up, though really this conversation was supposed to be up to your parents...

Offline stonykill

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »
  how about chicken feathers? Anyone used them? I am just now after about a 10 year break getting back into primitive archery. Years ago I just picked feather off of train killed turkeys in my backyard. Then saved feathers from bow killed turkeys. But now I raise chickens. I just butchered a few roosters. Saved many wing feathers. I'm going to try them anyway, but thought I'd ask. I've also been picking up wing feathers my ducks shed during a molt. Not a lot of them though.

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 06:09:26 pm »
Turkey hunters, turkey farmers or you can get some nice ones from customfeather on the web. Even his seconds are firsts in my book.

Offline bow101

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »
Turkey hunters, turkey farmers or you can get some nice ones from customfeather on the web. Even his seconds are firsts in my book.

I contact "local yocals" and they are so high on their horse that they do want to talk to bowyers looking for feathers; only interested in selling the meat.  >:( >:( >:(
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 12:51:12 am »
I've used chicken feathers on youth arrows. Never tried em on anything else. Prefer to use feathers from "heirloom" varieties as they seem sturdier.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 08:22:10 am »
   Kinda funny TURKEY WINGS just show up on my poarch every spring.
  I'm a gobbler hunter, use to be a guide and through the years have got a folowing. You could say. Plus I use'lly luck out and arrow one or 2 gobblers each spring.
  I also do alot of fly fishing bass ponds and a couple lakes. I do a lot of geese pickups. I also have 2 parks I pick up. Geese molt in JUNE.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING