Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?  (Read 15451 times)

blackhawk

2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:53 am »
Just curious if Y'all is interested in doing this again this year...and if anyone is coordinating it? If not I wood be more than willing to help organize,monitor,and keep track of things. I'm on here all day everyday so why not? ...lol  :laugh:  it wood be nice to have some help from a moderator or two as well(but they don't need to participate in the trade,just help run and keep things in line).

Anyone got any answers or know if its in the works yet?

Offline Marks

Re: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:43:28 am »
I wish I was a little farther along into bow making. I'd love to participate but I'm still on my first bow. I doubt anybody wants somebodies 2 bow attempt ever, haha. I did enjoy looking at all the gifts during the Christmas holidays though.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:06 am »
Hawkster:  Hey, I'd be in on the trade.  Can't give the time to organize, though.   :(  Have a bit going on that I'll mention to you at Marty's. 

Marks:  The beauty of this trade is that all levels of bowyerdom are welcome.  We encourage especially the novices to join in.  It drives yourselves to success and you get ALOT of help doing it.  The idea on this PA trade isn't so much who can make the best or prettiest bow.  It's to share and be in receipt of a piece of someone heart and sole, no matter what the level of expertise.  You would be most welcome to participate.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline darwin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:39 am »
I'm interested

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:07:57 am »
I am also new to bow building, but I am interested.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:10:47 am »
I'm interrested as well.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:15:01 am »
I'm in!

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:18:25 am »
glad to see someone talking about this-
july is rolling right up on us!
it always seems to take me the entire duration to get a bow shipped.....
but i have a head start this year.
already got a ring chased on a nice old piece of osage in anticipation...
now all i need are the specs and i can roll with it
love the bow trade-it really does challenge me to be thoughtful and attempt the best bow ive made yet
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:19:32 am »
Chris, I will help out but won't join in on this years trade. I have 4 or so bows to build for folks so I just don't have time. I'm not getting in any bow trades this year ...at least not til I get cought up but I will do whatever I can to help out.
  Mark, like Matt said these bow trades are to help encourage new builders to try to go out of their comfort zone and learn new techniques. If you put your best effort into the bow you send your recipient he(or she) will be pleased to recieve it.  Read back over the PA Bow Trades from the last few years and you will see lots of newbies at the beginning and more accomplished bowyers toward the end. It is a great learning tool.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:32 am »
I wish I was a little farther along into bow making. I'd love to participate but I'm still on my first bow. I doubt anybody wants somebodies 2 bow attempt ever, haha. I did enjoy looking at all the gifts during the Christmas holidays though.

the bow i received last yr was the fellas 2nd bow. its a sweet shooter and i am proud to have it in my arsenal.
this will be my third bow trade. the first year the bow i sent was only my 6th ever. last year, bubby got my 11th completed bow, so....
just jump right in-its all about the making
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Marks

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 11:39:59 am »
Well I may get in on it next year but I still want to make sure I'm not gonna kill myself with this first bow before I get in on some trading  >:D. I do look forward to seeing everybodies work again. I'm also waiting on my other osage staves to season. We will see how it goes but at the moment I'm out for this year. And I want to thank yall for the encouragement. That is my favorite thing about this forum. Everyone brings you up and no one pulls you down.

Offline bobbykelley

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:40 pm »
I'd like to give it a try if there's still interest.
I make mistakes but I learn.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 12:22:21 pm »
i'm in! if theres something that needs doing i would be more than happy to help out with the trade.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline JonW

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 12:36:37 pm »
Let's go boys! Sorry, and Girls!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »
Well I may get in on it next year but I still want to make sure I'm not gonna kill myself with this first bow before I get in on some trading  >:D. I do look forward to seeing everybodies work again. I'm also waiting on my other osage staves to season. We will see how it goes but at the moment I'm out for this year. And I want to thank yall for the encouragement. That is my favorite thing about this forum. Everyone brings you up and no one pulls you down.

I think you have the right attitude. Skill level and time in the saddle means squat when it comes to building a bow that can be shot safely. If you dont trust your tillering/bows then its a good idea to do what your doing. Wait a year. Its true we are all at different levels, but the bow should be safe and should be able to be drawn and braced.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.