Linked Events

• A central KY mini bowyer get together: February 19, 2013 - February 21, 2013

Author Topic: A central KY mini bowyer get together  (Read 48963 times)

Offline KShip85

Re: A central KY mini bowyer get together
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 11:27:53 pm »
Man I wish I could make it to this, sounds like you are going to have a great group.  Maybe next year after all the Osage has a chance to season some!

Kip
Kip Shipley    Bloomington, IN

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:45 pm »
Kip, my osage supply has dwindle down to knotty stuff or I'd offer you a stave trade.  If the only reason you're not coming is because of lack of a stave to work on, you might be able to trade something to one of guys who's coming.

Clint and others, bring your own snacks and breakfast items.  I'll probably put something together in that department as well.  But, I want to make sure I spend more time in the shop and shootings some than I do in the kitchen.  :)  Also bring your own drinks.  I'm a coffee, water, beer kind of guy.  Rarely, are there sodas on place.

I think I have enough 3-D targets for a fun little shoot.

Bring normal camping stuff.  If it is cold and you don't want to stay in a tent, I find indoor accommodations for you.  So, I cot might be a good idea.

Bring whatever you want to work on.  Some folks have talked of knapping, also.  Bring tools you normally would bring to a bowyer gathering.  For example, I only have one draw knife, so extra draw knive might be good to have.

If anyone has a stave horse they could bring, that might be useful.  I have one stave horse and one primary vice and 2 other vices on different benches.  CLAMPS we can never have too many clamps. 

I'll have an indoor tiller tree and an outdoor tiller tree set up.  I plan to make a tiller stick or 2, just in case.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Dave
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline KShip85

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:04 am »
I've got some various staves laying around, just have prior commitments out of town that weekend.  Hope you all have a good time :)

Kip
Kip Shipley    Bloomington, IN

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 10:52:18 am »
I have a small portable bench that I work on it has a vice on it I plan on bring that I also have a tree with a scale that can be mounted to a wall if you think we can use it. Man I'm excited I plan to learn a lot and have a lot of fun thanks hedgeapple
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:32 pm »
I'll bring a few bows to work on, my bench, and some tools. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 02:14:15 pm »
I might be able to make it for a day, having a 2 year old and another on it's way makes a weeekend event a challenge for me!

If I do, I'll bring you some of that maple we discussed.

Thanks for offering the get together.

Stoney Run, what part of the county is that?  I haven't mapquested it yet.  Are you aware of the archery range on Central KY Wildlife Management Area?

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »
Wapiti, that would be great.  I'm about 4 miles fro Fort Boonesboro.

Ozzy, that sounds great.  I have 2 car shed built on the side of my workshop.  So it would be easy to attach a tree to either wall.

Clint and Ozzy, the benches sound great.  This is going to be lots of fun.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

blackhawk

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 05:01:35 pm »
I'm gonna bring my lazy boy,some beverages,n a few bags of chips n sit back n enjoy the show n watch you pros build bows  ;)  :laugh:  ;D

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 05:54:17 pm »
I can tell you right now, I can build a heck of a ........ fire....  :laugh:

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 06:27:42 pm »
I'm going to bring a few bows that need tillered out.  Maybe with the help of a certain steelers fan I can get them shooting. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 07:17:24 pm »
Ivory broke my last 3 and I'm just there to learn I got the ring chased on the others stave I got off clint and have some fun
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 08:51:44 pm »
Sure Hawky, if that's what makes you happy.  But with little golden curls floating softly to the floor joining an ankle deep pile of their friends, I bet you'd knaw through any ropes we used to tie you to your recliner.  haha  It would be like a bizzard of cocain falling on a crackhead. You'd go insane.  haha haha
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 08:53:25 pm »
Dave .............. I'm planning on being there Saturday morning.  I don't have any portable benches or vices, but I'll bring the dutch oven apple cobbler desert.
And thanks for having this outing
Bill
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 10:16:27 pm »
Thanks Danza, I love dutch oven cobbler.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline KYWI1D3RN3SSM4N

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2013, 12:37:03 am »
cool would be awesome to come if you wouldn't mind. Still gotta check my schedule though. So happy I'm finding people close to me that are into this stuff. I am extremely new to the primitive arts but I am loving learning how to do this stuff. If anyone here is interested I am trying to get a small club or group together to get together like this or give each other advice and stuff in or around the Louisville, KY area.
Email me at LouisvillePTS@gmail.com or like the facebook page I made called "Louisville Primitive Technology Society" if anyone is interested. Not looking to be a serious club just a way to get together with people of the same interest.