Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 547794 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #765 on: March 04, 2013, 09:20:07 pm »
Braced Bow

FULL DRAW

Tips

Grip and character

my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #766 on: March 04, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »
EXCELLENT! I was sweatin' it man. The USPS lost track of it and I was pissed. Im so relieved it landed. My entire thought during the build was wrapped around you killing elk in the mountains. Thats why its 57" long and simple. Glad you like it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #767 on: March 04, 2013, 09:29:50 pm »
Congrats ElkTracker! She looks sweet! Good job Pearl!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #768 on: March 04, 2013, 09:31:48 pm »
PEARL Thanks sooo much for this I feel very lucky to have recieved it and I cant wait to take a monster Roosevelt Bull with it this Year!!!

It shoots EXCELLENT!! SILENT< DEAD IN THE HAND and puts them arrows right where you look!!! I cant wait to get this thing out stump shooting with me in the next couple days! I feel very blessed and cant wait to show this beauty off to some of my pals and co workers!

The string and knock points are great too!! Excellent work as always!! Now I need to figure out how to put it down and stop carressing it down!! It sure makes it hard to type!!

Luckily my wife is in love with her as much as I am, she keeps taking it from me and I can tell she is getting a little jelous :laugh:  Thanks again PEARL!!!! and all involved in helping and organizing this years swap!

Now I need to get some progress done on mine now that im done with the home sale and moving :)

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2013, 09:34:27 pm »
ALL my pleasure Josh. So you know, the tips are RM sheep horn, prarie rattlers and whitetail leather grip. The string is 8 strands of D97.

Enjoy.................and dont come cryin' to me if it breaks!!!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #770 on: March 04, 2013, 09:36:26 pm »
EXCELLENT! I was sweatin' it man. The USPS lost track of it and I was pissed. Im so relieved it landed. My entire thought during the build was wrapped around you killing elk in the mountains. Thats why its 57" long and simple. Glad you like it.

Yea I moved and had all my mail Forwarded to my new address I sure am glad it made it thanks again I cant tell you how thrilled I am with how it shoots and feels in the hand!!

Josh

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #771 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:09 pm »
HAHa dont say that this thing feels rock solid but we all know some times wood does weird things but I feel good ju ju with this thing. I actually draw about 25 26" so I think she will be good ;D

Josh

blackhawk

« Reply #772 on: March 04, 2013, 09:42:36 pm »
Sweeeeeet!!!! Congrats josh.....I think I like the excited pic the best with your mouth agape ...that made my day...n it looks like pearly just made more than your day...glad to see your enthusiasm and its easy to see you like it by all the pics...oh...and what's the stats on that bad boy? It seems your excitement has fried your brain ;)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #773 on: March 04, 2013, 09:46:59 pm »
Ooops yea ;D  51# @ 27" I got a couple more pictures to throw up :laugh:

Offline Roy

« Reply #774 on: March 04, 2013, 09:49:52 pm »
Awesome bow Pearl.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #775 on: March 04, 2013, 09:51:23 pm »
Nice score, Josh! That looks like a sweet bow for sure.

I just got my staves in the mail from Dean Marlow (swell guy to do business with). I have a straight, clean 68" piece of osage that has recurve written all over it. I can't wait to get started. I just need to kick this stomach bug I've got. I puked my brains out on the 3D course yesterday with Bryce and Steve b. :-\

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #776 on: March 04, 2013, 09:55:20 pm »
SORRY my phone plain sucks when it comes to pictures!

Front profile

signiture and specs

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #777 on: March 04, 2013, 10:14:11 pm »
NICE BOW!!!! Lucky dawg!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #778 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:06 pm »
I think he likes it Pearly!Haven't seen a grinn that big since Christmas. That must be a big relief after getting lost in the post. Great job on customizing it  for  your guy. You must have really did a lot of homework on that one.

Offline randman

« Reply #779 on: March 05, 2013, 01:38:34 am »
You lucky stiff Elky! Good job Pearly! Gotta get me some of that yeller wood........
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.