Author Topic: Changes in BLBS?  (Read 4641 times)

Offline markinengland

Changes in BLBS?
« on: May 18, 2008, 02:15:02 pm »
I have heard rumours of changes within the British Longbow Society. Maybe changes to the rules defining what is an English Longbow, making it very much the Victorian Target Longbow.
Anyone know anything about this? What effect may this have on Warbows, Mary Rose type bows, general experimentation etc?
Mark in England

stevesjem

Re: Changes in BLBS?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 06:21:15 am »
Hi Mark
we are putting a new society together to combat this stupidity, English Warbow Society, we will be having our 1st meeting with regards what we are going to do at Batsford and the opening distance shoots will also be done on the sat evening, i can talk more with you about it at Batsford.

Cheers

Steve

Offline backgardenbowyer

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:32:38 pm »
I've just joined the BLBS to get insurance cover for marks and clout shooting - what changes are bing proposed?  I'm making a long range bow at present (see "Ipe and Bamboo" thread in warbows)

Stan

nick1346

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:43:57 pm »
Well for a start you cannot use a warbow for clout! Apparently using a warbow makes you prone to 'overshoot' although BLBS has no evidence for this.  The BLBS exists to promote Victorian target archery, no more or less, good luck to them they can wear all those fetching greens all they want and measure each other by their own yard stick but there own remit means cannot ever seek to govern warbows.

Offline Fundin

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:58:22 am »
Maybe they will not allow rubber bands for sights any more  ;D That if anything is not very period

Offline Loki

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 03:12:45 pm »
The BLBS will allow all that rubbish to carry on Fundin,but the EWBS is strictly a WarBow society for WarBow shooter's.
Durham,England