Author Topic: Tillering Gizmo  (Read 1950 times)

Offline bowhntineverythingnh03743

Tillering Gizmo
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:49:36 pm »
Hey All-
    I am looking to see if anyone has an extra nice tillering Gizmo or would be willing to build one for trade. I have tried and tried but mine never make it. I finally saw that my pencil will move when I am tillering giving me false information on where to remove wood. Looking for one out of hardwood or osage. Anyone that can help let me know and we can talk about a trade.

Thanks All,

Justin

Offline RBLusthaus

Re: Tillering Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:10:21 pm »
You should really be able to put that together quite easily.  To try a  build a bow, but be stuck on the gizmo, just cant be allowed to happen.  Try again - - please. 

Take a 6 inch by 3/4 by 3/4 peice of pine and drill a hole dead center for a pencil and conter sink to back side for a nut (maybe 5/16), which you can epoxy, or Jb weld in place.  Once dry, screw a pencil thru the nut and you are done. 

when using, I keep my finger on the end of the pencil to keep it from spinning in the nut - but only if the pencil is a little small for the nut.  You could just get a fatter pencil.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:04:32 pm »
I'm with RB you can make one easy  ;)
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:19:26 am »
you can take a 5 or 6" board, mark the center and run a screw in so it sticks out the other side, tillering gizmo with scratch marks instead of pencil marks, if that makes it any simpler
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline coaster500

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 11:38:49 am »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)