Author Topic: Simple Osage  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Sasquatch

Simple Osage
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:44:05 pm »
Hey, so this is not my first bow i have done about ten.  However this was my first Osage bow.  It has the lower sapwood left on. I took off the brittle stringy stuff. The stave was so thin that i had to leave it on.  The bow was originally a stiff handle bow but it took to much set and it was to short for that.  So i hung it and went on about 6 months.  After some more bows under the belt i picked it back up.  I reduced the handle and heat (camp fire) bent the set out.  Wrapped handle in some cheep garden hemp.  The hemp is green with chemical die.  I like the way it feels, and the color is wearing on me( literally) :laugh:  The bow is quiet but i won't use it to take deer.  I think its to week.  That knot is a hole that went all the way through.  I think i cut through the ring but i don't know.   It is 55" NTN  38#@26"  1.5" whole way until the levers. 

Offline Sasquatch

Re: Simple Osage
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:46:13 pm »
Performance Pics

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:30:50 am »
Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 07:22:51 am »
Looks good. I like them more simple. Well placed arrow with sharp head close will work fine at 38. Check out the 2012 harvest board.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:55:46 am »
Very cool,simple,bet it's asweet shooter,tiller look very good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:53:35 am »
Nice bow and I'm with Tracy, with a good sharp point it would make a good hunting bow.  I love the full draw pics.  You sure got it bending sweet.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 11:36:30 am »
Thanks everybody, I appreciate all the great coments. At first I was building as many bows as i could, however now i have started slowing down and working on my finishing work.  Im also taking more pics of the processes. :)